We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Guest deleted2159825

I'm going to repeatedly issue bold, highlighted warnings not to bring companions, but I can still imagine the lamentations that will flood the comments. It's probably a sign that I've been writing from the villain's perspective too long when I admit that I'm looking forward to it. :devil:

I got to ask, will not even Russell himself be safe?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to repeatedly issue bold, highlighted warnings not to bring companions, but I can still imagine the lamentations that will flood the comments. It's probably a sign that I've been writing from the villain's perspective too long when I admit that I'm looking forward to it. :devil:

Looks like Russel is going to die pursuing that bounty. And it also seems that Boone is finally going to be put to rest from his torture.

Obviously Russell dying on the quest would have a pretty big impact on the Courier and get some dialogue where they can at least discuss it, but would the vanilla followers get the same?

You don't have their voice actors (it's a shame, I've always wanted some of the DLC followers to join you in the Mojave with their original voice actors) so you can't really have them talk about Marko unless you're willing to spend a long time splicing together bits of their audio into new lines. Even so, if say Veronica comes with you to Frost Hill and dies, would the Courier be able to discuss her death with Randall or somebody else there, just a "she was my friend / she was trying to save the brotherhood" sort of thing? It would be doing those characters a disservice if their deaths helping the Courier with something so personal went by without even being noted

Can we have any details on the romantic side-plot? Is there one love interest or multiple, and will they be a person that the Courier can confide in? I'm a bit of a sucker for NPCs that actually express interest in your character instead of just talking about themselves

Guest deleted2159825

Just out of curiosity will Ethan's niece Polly appear at any point in your mods?

She might have a part to play in this mod...

I got to ask, will not even Russell himself be safe?

Looks like Russel is going to die pursuing that bounty. And it also seems that Boone is finally going to be put to rest from his torture.

The mod has been designed in a way so that players determined to keep their promise may do so without jeopardizing Russell's life. However, if you stubbornly keep him in your entourage after you cross the Rubicon into the final act (there will be a pop-up message), I make no guarantees for his safety, nor anyone else's.

Guest deleted2159825

Even so, if say Veronica comes with you to Frost Hill and dies, would the Courier be able to discuss her death with Randall or somebody else there, just a "she was my friend / she was trying to save the brotherhood" sort of thing? It would be doing those characters a disservice if their deaths helping the Courier with something so personal went by without even being noted

Can we have any details on the romantic side-plot? Is there one love interest or multiple, and will they be a person that the Courier can confide in? I'm a bit of a sucker for NPCs that actually express interest in your character instead of just talking about themselves

If you're worried about doing your companions a disservice, heed the warnings that will abound in-game and in the mod's description - don't bring them. I don't promise glorious deaths in battle, poetic eulogies, or even recognition. There will come a point in the mod when a certain reversal of fortune will leave you entirely alone. This isn't a terribly long mod, and I will provide at least one companion (who might actually survive) to ameliorate loneliness, which is better than some of the DLC's can claim.

The romance option deals with a woman who recently lost her husband to bounty hunters. Male or female players can attempt to begin a relationship with her through a combination of unmarked quests, lengthy dialogue, and sex. That's basically all there is to it.

This is a bit into the future, but the Lone Wolf Radio Creepypasta/Myth would make an incredibly dark side-quest as part of SSS. It basically adds a serial killer called the Lone Wolf to the shack running the Lone Wolf Radio Station. Throughout the day he would just make crazy broadcasts until 11 pm when the station would go silent. Then at 3 am he would come back on and say "Everyone is gone. You are all alone. Let it end." before murdering a child on the air. The Courier would have a quest called "Little Dead Riding Hood" to hunt him down and either kill him or join him.

Basically a much darker version of the Uncle Chuckles quest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1ba5fh/

Edited by Necromage5

Guest deleted2159825

Will you be updating or adding more lines to Russel in response to NVB3 kind of like how you made him respond to actions in NVB2?

Yeah, particularly as it pertains to Glanton. I may even forcibly move him back to the Mojave before the final act begins (and presumably, affairs are settled with Glanton).

Guest deleted2159825

This is a bit into the future, but the Lone Wolf Radio Creepypasta/Myth would make an incredibly dark side-quest as part of SSS. It basically adds a serial killer called the Lone Wolf to the shack running the Lone Wolf Radio Station. Throughout the day he would just make crazy broadcasts until 11 pm when the station would go silent. Then at 3 am he would come back on and say "Everyone is gone. You are all alone. Let it end." before murdering a child on the air. The Courier would have a quest called "Little Dead Riding Hood" to hunt him down and either kill him or join him.

Basically a much darker version of the Uncle Chuckles quest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1ba5fh/

The creepy pasta thing could be interesting as a bounty target, but getting a variety of child voice actors (or adults who can sound like children) and recording them would be a pain in the ass. I also staged the Mongol Kid at LWR, though I could script the new quest in as a follow-up (just replacing Mongol Kid's poster) to avoid any conflict. I'll think about it in case I make more bounties for NVBII.

Truth be told, updating and patching NVBII is becoming a pain in the ass due to the mod's size, so if I release more standalone, poster-style bounties I'll probably release them as a separate mod pack that feeds off of the someguyseries.esm. For example: "New Vegas Bounties: Added Missions, vol. 1. It might require updating the .esm, but that's something I need to do anyway, as the number of useable variables is growing short.

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

An excerpt from some recently-penned dialogue:

Player:

What can you tell me about Marko?

UNNAMED NPC:

I suppose in a strange way he's not much different from you, Courier. He was forged in violence, reborn a survivor.

He's not exceptional in any physical sense, nor is he the most intelligent man I've met. I suppose it's his resolve that sets him apart.

There have been times when most men would have succumbed to defeat or even death, yet Marko won in the end.

He told me about the time he was captured by raiders back east. They ate Marko's comrades and forced him into servitude.

He went along with it, ingratiating himself with the leader and even proving himself as a capable cook. The raiders even grew to trust him.

He was eventually offered the chance to join their ranks - on the condition that he prove his ability to kill without hesitation.

While he had certainly killed before, this was different. He was ordered to slaughter the family of a random farmer, fellow by the name of Randall.

Given your history with Randall, I have no doubt he's told you what transpired. Marko killed them all in front of Randall in gruesome fashion.

The slavers' leader was so impressed that he made Marko his right-hand man. Marko soon exceeded all expectations as a raider.

It seemed as if Marko had assimilated into this new lifestyle with no regrets or grudges... for a time. Then they ran into a rival group of raiders.

On the eve of their battle, Marko sedated the leader and carried him to the rival encampment.

With a rapt, surprised audience in full view, Marko blinded, castrated, and paralyzed his leader, then announced his intentions.

He declared himself leader of the rival tribe, and would face anyone who thought himself more worthy. None challenged him.

With his intimate familiarity with his original clan's tactics, Marko led his men to an easy victory. The fate of the captured raiders was... grim.

Most were blinded, emasculated, and crippled, much like the leader. Additionally, they were disemboweled.

For days, Marko allowed his dogs to feed on the entrails of the dying men, taking care to ensure their survival long enough to extend the agony.

They all died, eventually. Except the leader. He had a much worse fate. They say Marko carted him about for years, caged like an animal.

He was a living reminder that crossing Marko could bring a fate far worse than death. No one ever questioned him.