We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Guest deleted2159825

An excerpt from some recently-penned dialogue:

Player:

What can you tell me about Marko?

UNNAMED NPC:

I suppose in a strange way he's not much different from you, Courier. He was forged in violence, reborn a survivor.

He's not exceptional in any physical sense, nor is he the most intelligent man I've met. I suppose it's his resolve that sets him apart.

There have been times when most men would have succumbed to defeat or even death, yet Marko won in the end.

He told me about the time he was captured by raiders back east. They ate Marko's comrades and forced him into servitude.

He went along with it, ingratiating himself with the leader and even proving himself as a capable cook. The raiders even grew to trust him.

He was eventually offered the chance to join their ranks - on the condition that he prove his ability to kill without hesitation.

While he had certainly killed before, this was different. He was ordered to slaughter the family of a random farmer, fellow by the name of Randall.

Given your history with Randall, I have no doubt he's told you what transpired. Marko killed them all in front of Randall in gruesome fashion.

The slavers' leader was so impressed that he made Marko his right-hand man. Marko soon exceeded all expectations as a raider.

It seemed as if Marko had assimilated into this new lifestyle with no regrets or grudges... for a time. Then they ran into a rival group of raiders.

On the eve of their battle, Marko sedated the leader and carried him to the rival encampment.

With a rapt, surprised audience in full view, Marko blinded, castrated, and paralyzed his leader, then announced his intentions.

He declared himself leader of the rival tribe, and would face anyone who thought himself more worthy. None challenged him.

With his intimate familiarity with his original clan's tactics, Marko led his men to an easy victory. The fate of the captured raiders was... grim.

Most were blinded, emasculated, and crippled, much like the leader. Additionally, they were disemboweled.

For days, Marko allowed his dogs to feed on the entrails of the dying men, taking care to ensure their survival long enough to extend the agony.

They all died, eventually. Except the leader. He had a much worse fate. They say Marko carted him about for years, caged like an animal.

He was a living reminder that crossing Marko could bring a fate far worse than death. No one ever questioned him.

All I can say is Damn that is some crazy messed up stuff there. Brilliant writing! Bravo, makes the legend of Marko that much more intense! Looking forward to this. Great stuff man great stuff. And did I mention Damn!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excerpt from some recently-penned dialogue:

Player:

What can you tell me about Marko?

UNNAMED NPC:

I suppose in a strange way he's not much different from you, Courier. He was forged in violence, reborn a survivor.

He's not exceptional in any physical sense, nor is he the most intelligent man I've met. I suppose it's his resolve that sets him apart.

There have been times when most men would have succumbed to defeat or even death, yet Marko won in the end.

He told me about the time he was captured by raiders back east. They ate Marko's comrades and forced him into servitude.

He went along with it, ingratiating himself with the leader and even proving himself as a capable cook. The raiders even grew to trust him.

He was eventually offered the chance to join their ranks - on the condition that he prove his ability to kill without hesitation.

While he had certainly killed before, this was different. He was ordered to slaughter the family of a random farmer, fellow by the name of Randall.

Given your history with Randall, I have no doubt he's told you what transpired. Marko killed them all in front of Randall in gruesome fashion.

The slavers' leader was so impressed that he made Marko his right-hand man. Marko soon exceeded all expectations as a raider.

It seemed as if Marko had assimilated into this new lifestyle with no regrets or grudges... for a time. Then they ran into a rival group of raiders.

On the eve of their battle, Marko sedated the leader and carried him to the rival encampment.

With a rapt, surprised audience in full view, Marko blinded, castrated, and paralyzed his leader, then announced his intentions.

He declared himself leader of the rival tribe, and would face anyone who thought himself more worthy. None challenged him.

With his intimate familiarity with his original clan's tactics, Marko led his men to an easy victory. The fate of the captured raiders was... grim.

Most were blinded, emasculated, and crippled, much like the leader. Additionally, they were disemboweled.

For days, Marko allowed his dogs to feed on the entrails of the dying men, taking care to ensure their survival long enough to extend the agony.

They all died, eventually. Except the leader. He had a much worse fate. They say Marko carted him about for years, caged like an animal.

He was a living reminder that crossing Marko could bring a fate far worse than death. No one ever questioned him.

Whoa..... :ohmy: Good writing, makes the legend reguarding Marko all the more compelling.

Guest deleted2159825

Whoa.... this final battle is going to be much more intense than Fisto's active servos

Easy there, nothing can match Fisto. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Guest deleted2159825

I'm suprised there isn't any Legion presence due to how close Utah is to Caesar's land and their ability to infiltrate any facet of most governments.

The Deep Creek Range is pretty damned remote, and it would be far to the north of any organized Legion presence. With the White Legs presumably out of the picture, the only other outside force that can threaten Frosthill are the 80's, and they've been... deterred. Aside from a few lines of dialogue and nods to player actions in the vanilla game (e.g., killing Caesar), the Legion just doesn't have any part to play in NVBIII.

So you mentioned that Cady wasn't going to be in the mod (and i think you mentioned The Message) Are their any other minor characters that will play a role in NVB3? People like Doc Friday for example?

Guest deleted2159825

So you mentioned that Cady wasn't going to be in the mod (and i think you mentioned The Message) Are their any other minor characters that will play a role in NVB3? People like Doc Friday for example?

None of the friendly or neutral NPC's are scripted to show up, but as for hostiles.... you'll have to wait and see. :)