Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

As always I have to ask this...

What's the estimated time of completion of the main quest?

It's too early to tell right now. Maybe 2-3 hours? What do you say, testers?

What's the estimated time of completing all of the side content?

Probably less than an hour. Compared to The Inheritance or NVBII there just isn't a lot of peripheral quest content. There is plenty of dialogue, but only one real questline that is outside the main narrative.

Lastly, when you are done with this quest, you have said you are going back on break, could you also once again provide advice for my WIP? There has been a ton of updates since last time.

Yeah, just PM me when this is wrapped up.

P.S. Thank you for reverting back to your old avatar.

I probably would have done it sooner if people hadn't asked/prodded! ;)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Your mods got a mention in IGN.

A Google search took me here, which I assume is what you're referencing. I'm just happy that a content mod made the list.

I imagine there will be more PR for mods once FO4 is announced (whenever the hell that will be), as there will certainly be a lot of players revisiting the title in anticipation of the next installment. I just wish writers would show quest mods more love in those lists. Project Brazil, Tales from the Burning Sands, and plenty others are definitely worthy of mention.

Edited by someguy2000

Hmm, it took me most of a day for me to get through the alpha. Granted, there were a decent number of reloads included there, as well as some puttering about in the worldspace. Still, all in all I think spent at least 4 hours getting through it. But then I tend to be a slow player, with a lot of stealth, sniping, and exploration involved.

Guest deleted2159825

I think spent at least 4 hours getting through it.

That sounds about right for a steady, observant playthrough. It's not a huge mod, certainly nowhere the scale of Beyond Boulder Dome or The Rockwell Pursuit. The emphasis is on a specific story and resolving certain character arcs. I have been working very, very hard to keep it lean, yet not rushed. The one area where it will dwarf my other mods is dialogue. I'm looking at 1,500 lines right now and I still have a lot of dialogue to write, so 2,500 is possible. That would be more than The Inheritance and Russell combined.

Edited by someguy2000

Hmm, it took me most of a day for me to get through the alpha. Granted, there were a decent number of reloads included there, as well as some puttering about in the worldspace. Still, all in all I think spent at least 4 hours getting through it. But then I tend to be a slow player, with a lot of stealth, sniping, and exploration involved.

I'd say that's about right. If you're quick, you'll get through it in around 2 hours or so, but if you want to explore everything, it's going to take you around 4 hours.

*Edit* LOL Ninja'd by Someguy. :tongue:

Edited by TheCourier13

Guest deleted2159825

It's also worth noting that a lot of the worldspace POI's weren't implemented in the alpha. There will be plenty of spots that the player can explore which aren't tied directly to the main quest.

Guest deleted2159825

Started a YouTube playthrough of your 4 mods here

Mainly did this waiting for NVB3! :smile:

I appreciate the support, but you sound way too young to be playing these mods, particularly Russell.

When I was your age I probably would've done everything in my power to access similar content, so it may be hypocritical on my part, but damn if it doesn't make me feel guilty. Russell has more profanity than the combined works of Martin Scorsese, not to mention the lovely exhibition of infanticide. I have now taken an active role in warping young minds. Back to drinking!

Edited by someguy2000

Started a YouTube playthrough of your 4 mods here

Mainly did this waiting for NVB3! :smile:

I appreciate the support, but you sound way too young to be playing these mods, particularly Russell.

When I was your age I probably would've done everything in my power to access similar content, so it may be hypocritical on my part, but damn if it doesn't make me feel guilty. Russell has more profanity than the combined works of Martin Scorsese, not to mention the lovely exhibition of infanticide. I have now taken an active role in warping young minds. Back to drinking!

I know a guy who is 40 years old, but sounds like he's only 14. By comparison, I'm 21, and I've been told that I sound like I'm in my 60s.