Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Damn, SG, could you make an alpha for the darker than dark version one day after you finish NVBIII? At this rate, you have many of us intrigued.

I just don't have the motivation for it, considering it would be no more than an alternate version. After NVBIII, I'll probably be more inclined to hit Skyrim with Sons of Shor, or begin work on SSS or Sinners & Slaves.

Really, though - the "Lake of Fire" treatment had a lot of structural flaws, and Randall's characterization was terribly contrived. s***, I might as well spill the beans about it, since most of the people perusing this thing are testers, anyway:

- Following act one, the player travels to Utah and finds Randall, who has been physically and psychologically changed; he is consumed by hatred and a single-minded obsession with revenge

- On Randall's urging, the player terrorizes the outlaw populace of Frosthill and its surrounding hamlets, forcing people to give up information on Marko, often by way of torture

- Marko's identity is unknown throughout the entire affair, as he is supposedly just a citizen of Frosthill

- In the mod's climax, just when the player is about to determine Marko's identity, the antagonist makes his move

- The bulk of Marko's old gang secretly shows up at night, and he emerges from hiding in a violent spree of revenge against the bounty hunters, capturing the player and Randall

- Marko forces the player to kill Randall, then methodically slays the entire town, explaining that they were nothing to him

- He maims the player, kills any companions, strips his/her gear, then leaves them behind, broken. That's the end.

Oh, yeah,

you would catch up with Marko 20 years later in Just a Courier, only to find him on his deathbed, with a doting family at his side, all unaware of his past.

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

By the way... I know we have some Fallout loremongers in this crowd, but are there any TES aficionados among you? I might be looking for a consultant when I write Sons of Shor or Six Swords, and I want to have my lore squared away. I can find my way pretty well in Fallout, but I feel like I have to be a goddamn theologian or something not to f*** up TES.

Oh, and when I say you know TES lore, I mean you KNOW it.

Edited by someguy2000

I just don't have the motivation for it, considering it would be no more than an alternate version. After NVBIII, I'll probably be more inclined to hit Skyrim with Sons of Shor, or begin work on SSS or Sinners & Slaves.

Really, though - the "Lake of Fire" treatment had a lot of structural flaws, and Randall's characterization was terribly contrived. s***, I might as well spill the beans about it, since most of the people perusing this thing are testers, anyway:

- Following act one, the player travels to Utah and finds Randall, who has been physically and psychologically changed; he is consumed by hatred and a single-minded obsession with revenge

- On Randall's urging, the player terrorizes the outlaw populace of Frosthill and its surrounding hamlets, forcing people to give up information on Marko, often by way of torture

- Marko's identity is unknown throughout the entire affair, as he is supposedly just a citizen of Frosthill

- In the mod's climax, just when the player is about to determine Marko's identity, the antagonist makes his move

- The bulk of Marko's old gang secretly shows up at night, and he emerges from hiding in a violent spree of revenge against the bounty hunters, capturing the player and Randall

- Marko forces the player to kill Randall, then methodically slays the entire town, explaining that they were nothing to him

- He maims the player, kills any companions, strips his/her gear, then leaves them behind, broken. That's the end.

Oh, yeah,

you would catch up with Marko 20 years later in Just a Courier, only to find him on his deathbed, with a doting family at his side, all unaware of his past.

Wow... that is worthy of its title, "Lake of Fire"

Guest deleted2159825

Oh, yeah,

That's not a descriptor I throw around lightly. :devil:

Damn, SG, could you make an alpha for the darker than dark version one day after you finish NVBIII? At this rate, you have many of us intrigued.

Oh, yeah,

To Quote Jack Marston "Remember my family"

Holy sh*t that is way intense. The first act sounded like it would be playable but the rest if the mod is just like you said"too much ". Did you have like a sudden bout (insert evil character here) syndrome ? Your right that doesn't sound like Randall at all, and I would probably fall into a sad mixture of depression and both hatred of myself as well as every living thing in the world and eventually move to the desert (well I already live there so check that one off the list ) and end up making cheap adult film or turn into a real but more pathetic version of the Leather face and accidentally saw my leg off . These would all be side effects of the lake if fire version

Oh, yeah,

That's not a descriptor I throw around lightly. :devil:

So if that's 11/10 darkness, what level will bounties final form be?

Holy sh*t that is way intense. The first act sounded like it would be playable but the rest if the mod is just like you said"too much ". Did you have like a sudden bout (insert evil character here) syndrome ? Your right that doesn't sound like Randall at all, and I would probably fall into a sad mixture of depression and both hatred of myself as well as every living thing in the world and eventually move to the desert (well I already live there so check that one off the list ) and end up making cheap adult film or turn into a real but more pathetic version of the Leather face and accidentally saw my leg off . These would all be side effects of the lake if fire version