Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

Huzzah! :dance: Don't push yourself to much though. We don't want to break you.

I'll probably take a break after NVBIII to invest myself in reading and brainstorming, not to mention those pesky RL pursuits.

Sinners and Slaves has been on my mind a lot, though. The central theme of redemption is really appealing to me, and I'm itching to develop the main characters, particularly after my renewed research on the Third Servile War and Spartacus. While I use the name, the character is obviously not Spartacus, just someone Spartacus-esque, who deliberately carries the title to spite Caesar.

The challenge will be structuring it in a way that minimizes sprawl and feature creep, not to mention all the lore-related pitfalls I'll have to sidestep. The outline actually calls for an episodic presentation not unlike The Rockwell Pursuit, albeit on a much more confined geographic scale, and with branching outcomes. It will have one hell of an ending slideshow, that's for sure.

If you ever need more testers I'd love to help out, my game is heavily modded and stable but other then that its a blank slate as far as progress in your mods goes, not sure if that's too useful to you.

Cool, it will be a few months until we hit beta for NVBIII, but please PM me if you want to test when it's announced (I'd PM you, but I'm forgetful as hell).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, if I could kidnap Vulon for a few weeks I would attempt to make a mod where you, the Judge, Glanton, and a few others hunt for tribal scalps. Shame no one has added a scalp-taking mechanic to the game as a mod.

- Several companions, vanilla or otherwise, are randomly assassinated. You cannot save them.

Well, time to get Cass. :devil: :laugh:

Guest deleted2159825

I hope you get someone who really knows his legion lore to help you if you are going to do Sinners and Slaves since you have no love for them.

The problem is simply lack of information regarding conditions in pacified Legion territory - the bulk of Arizona and New Mexico, presumably. JE Sawyer has emphasized the fact that most of the fixtures of Ancient Rome are nonexistent, so that means the Legion must use de facto martial law in all its cities and settlements, presumably overseen by mid to low-level commanders, like Aurelius of Pheonix.

The only way I can see a slave revolt against Caesar's army of slaves is if it was instigated by recently-captured tribals who were not yet divided and assimilated. This is plausible enough, particularly if it's a handful of invented tribes (s#*!, there's 87, they ain't all named) from disparate regions are forcefully captured and relocated to the center of Arizona for a specific purpose prior to their indoctrination. Without the direct supervision of Caesar and/or Lanius, perhaps a regional commander was clumsy in his handling of the slaves, skipping important steps to rush them into service, agricultural work (somebody has to feed that damn army), or mines (the demand for metal is likely high).

Then again, this could all be a terrible approach to an idea that is flawed in principle, as the Legion is not analogous to the Roman Republic. If any Legion loremongers have suggestions, lay them on me.

From what I've seen there are not very many slaves deep in legion territory. Most are sent to the front lines and towns are normally run by a centurion or someone of that rank while women tend households. There are SOME slaves though who are farmers and the like. Normally doing less desirable tasks. At least that"s what I remember and from Dry Wells. If I was to make a suggestion it would for maybe the revolt not be in Flagstaff as that is the capital and would likely be a lot harder for slaves to revolt there. Maybe have it occur in Two Sun (Tuscon). Again this is just off memory and suggestions. I wouldn't go with it unless you get a few more people saying what I do.

A slave revolt in legion lands is pausible.

-Now one would have heard about it in mojave because Ceaser would not want rumors of a rebellion spreading.

-Dont set it in central Arizona

-Dont try to shape legion lands into the ones that used to be controlled by the Roman Republic or Empire. They are different. . They conquer lands and leave Governors to rule them and move on. While the people there obey Ceasers laws (Probably things like no drugs/alcohol) while going on about there lives as usual farming,mining etc. We know they dont pay taxes but there is nothing to suggest they dont hand the legion supplies when they are asked for.(Food,metal,boys etc) I dont think it would be breaking the lore on your part if you assume so and this is coming from a Legion fan.

-Dont try to shape the legion to what they are not. Creating new ranks for example.

There are other Legates besides Lanius and Joshue. Both Ceaser and Uysses mention it.

Some aspects of the legion that is always brought up I see on the forums that is faulty.

-They only uses sticks to fight. It is true that they relay heavily on melee weapons but they dont throw away guns just because. They just dont relay on them because unlike the god-mode courier who can pick up ammo from bins most smaller societies in the wasteland still dont have facilities to create bullets or guns..

Even the NCR does not mass produce medical goods yet. Thats what Arcade is doing at the time you meet him. He is researching ways to create stimpaks from the wastelanf flora.

Guest deleted2159825

I really need to create a new thread for this - expect one soon. In the meantime, let's leave this to NVBIII (my fault for getting it off-track).

Y'know, reading through this, with companions having the potential to die in Utah, I would like to share what I plan on doing with my Courier in my fic series.

• The Courier pursued a bounty on Marko with Russell in Utah. Before traveling there, he told ED-E to fly far, fly fast back at the Lucky 38.
  • Although he and Russell hardly get along because of differing perspectives, they trusted each other enough to watch their backs.
  • Russell perished.
  • After encountering (and possibly killing) Marko, the Courier was injured and low on supplies.
  • He attempted to use his Transportalponder. It didn't work because he was out of range (outside the Mojave). So he decided to modify the device to increase its efficeny, leading to the events of Mass Foundations: Redemption in the Stars.

So what do you think? How close was I?

Guest deleted2159825

Y'know, reading through this, with companions having the potential to die in Utah, I would like to share what I plan on doing with my Courier in my fic series.

• The Courier pursued a bounty on Marko with Russell in Utah. Before traveling there, he told ED-E to fly far, fly fast back at the Lucky 38.
  • Although he and Russell hardly get along because of differing perspectives, they trusted each other enough to watch their backs.
  • Russell perished.
  • After encountering (and possibly killing) Marko, the Courier was injured and low on supplies.
  • He attempted to use his Transportalponder. It didn't work because he was out of range (outside the Mojave). So he decided to modify the device to increase its efficeny, leading to the events of Mass Foundations: Redemption in the Stars.

So what do you think? How close was I?

Close enough. ;)