More of "Karl's Kandy", courtesy of BlooperReel:

http://i.cubeupload.com/E6CWyb.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/8uImvf.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

So is this Candy Shop gonna be in New Vegas or Utah?

New Vegas. The opening act takes place entirely in the Mojave.

Guest deleted2159825

Update: Seeing as to how I'll be effectively barring the player from bringing companions, I will provide at least one for the duration of your visit to the Deep Creek Mountains. It will probably be a dog - details to follow later.

I'm still undecided on whether or not to allow the player to transit to and fro Utah until the final act. There will be some peripheral content of interest, as well as reason for exploration, but I fully understand how 'trapping' the player in a DLC-esque experience, a la Dead Money or Beyond Boulder Dome, can be frustrating for some players. I may well set up a system of rudimentary travel between the worldspaces in the run-up to the conclusive chapter of the mod; after the mod's ending, the player will be unable to return, for reasons that will be made abundantly apparent in the slideshow. Also, it makes scripting NPC outcomes easier.

More details will follow. More than you can imagine!

DETAILS!

- An exploding brahmin

- Snow

- Magnificent Moustaches (a proper noun if there ever was one!)

- Furtive fornication between various parties

- Middling attempts at a romance plotline, all rendered by an unsure hand and fueled by scotch, much like this post

- Religious themes. But not too religious. Indiana Jones religious, with more melting faces and exploding nazis.

- A dog with a troubled past and dreams of a brighter future filled with bacon

The essentials are covered, success is assured. Now I must rest! (Though it is not the seventh day)

Well, that's something new in terms of character design and psychological progression . :laugh:

I can say for sure, that you will do something monumentally awesome with this, I just know you will,

A romance plotline does sound awesome, even it you are unsure of how well it will play out. I think FNV needs more of those, the only one I can remember as of now is Willow.

if you don't mind me expressing my opinion on the subject of traveling between the worldspaces, I think that it shouldn't be allowed. It gives the player all the more reason to be prepared for the journey. A reason to get his best armor and his best gun. And I'd say it would make the Utah experience even more memorable.

Guest deleted2159825

Well, that's something new in terms of character design and psychological progression . :laugh:

I can say for sure, that you will do something monumentally awesome with this, I just know you will,

A romance plotline does sound awesome, even it you are unsure of how well it will play out. I think FNV needs more of those, the only one I can remember as of now is Willow.

if you don't mind me expressing my opinion on the subject of traveling between the worldspaces, I think that it shouldn't be allowed. It gives the player all the more reason to be prepared for the journey. A reason to get his best armor and his best gun. And I'd say it would make the Utah experience even more memorable.

I was a touch under the influence when I posted that.

Thanks for the feedback on the worldspace travel, by the way.

Guest deleted2159825

Dead, you say? MACGYVVVVVEEERRR! (Sorry, I had to include a reference from my childhood).

Lovecraft? Do not speak of those... of which we do not speak!

Frosthill is definitely outside Cady's bailiwick. If he shows up again, it will be in The Message.