Guest deleted2159825

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the story. I think someguy did something with these mods that Bethesda and Obsidian failed to do. That being said, I hope it does come out, and I am not impatient, I am just expecting it. Believe me I've already gone through New Vegas and the Someguy series about a couple of dozen times over, and I am still not bored with it. However, I agree about his real life taking the front seat, that is exactly why I am not counting on this mod to come out. It would be interesting, though, if he comes to the conclusion of the story and creates mods for Fallout 4 when/if it comes out. And hell, The Courier doesn't have to be the one to kill Marko. Could be the hero in Fallout 4 who does it. I don't know. What I do know is that if there is no news now, and if he is still in partial retirement, then the best thing to do is to let it go until we hear something otherwise . Meantime we still have some kick ass s*** that he already designed, and we can play through again. However, not all stories are finished with a nice little bow on them. Sometimes in stories the bad guy gets away and the good guy will never be able to finish the job (or however you play you're character). That's just how it works from time to time.

Edited by timelord278acr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the story. I think someguy did something with these mods that Bethesda and Obsidian failed to do. That being said, I hope it does come out, and I am not impatient, I am just expecting it. Believe me I've already gone through New Vegas and the Someguy series about a couple of dozen times over, and I am still not bored with it. However, I agree about his real life taking the front seat, that is exactly why I am not counting on this mod to come out. It would be interesting, though, if he comes to the conclusion of the story and creates mods for Fallout 4 when/if it comes out. And hell, The Courier doesn't have to be the one to kill Marko. Could be the hero in Fallout 4 who does it. I don't know. What I do know is that if there is no news now, and if he is still in partial retirement, then the best thing to do is to let it go until we hear something otherwise . Meantime we still have some kick ass s*** that he already designed, and we can play through again. However, not all stories are finished with a nice little bow on them. Sometimes in stories the bad guy gets away and the good guy will never be able to finish the job (or however you play you're character). That's just how it works from time to time.

Chill a bit, man. All he's really got to do is knock out the VO. The mod itself, quest wise, was finished around July. He'll get it. 2500 lines of dialogue burns you out.

timelord278acr seems to be "chilling" just fine and expressing the sentiments of many-hoping but not demanding or feeling "entitled". I agree with what you suggest, also, that Someguy2000 is at the drudgery stage of the mod's development.

so does this mod come with any new companions?

I believe he said the character Ford mentioned in the first post will be a companion. He may have said something about there being plans for an animal companion as well, I can't quite remember.

So now FO4 is announced and if he's still modding at all I'm sure he wouldn't move to 4 without finishing bounties

He'll finish bounties 3. It is really close to being done so it's almost a waste to start it on a new platform. My hope is that the Fallout 4 hype will draw him back into fallout modding :D

Fallout 4 being released doesn't necessarily mean the end for new vegas mods. It's always several months till a GECK release. Also they have gorgeous world but we haven't heard any proper dialogue or gameplay yet which if bad will probably lead to most of the old school fallout fans sticking to new vegas.