Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I miss Someguy. Not just his mods but his self loathing, his endless sarcasm and hilarious mod descriptions and his mod playthroughs filled with constant rambling and hate for Russell.

I played through the entire mod series... was confused by the end of NVB II, looked up if there was going to be a part 3... quickly realized my mistake in playing Bounties in the first place! Now I get to check the forum everyday to see if there have been any updates!

You know your mod is a success when the page about the mod becomes a hub of community discussion and camaraderie.

I can't blame the community for knowing quality. I tell people I know who have only played this game on the consoles what they're missing, and the Someguy series is the example I use when I talk about how great mods can really be.

He's a really good writer, and some of the references he uses are really crazy details and references that people can probably catch if it hits them, especially a huge reference to a certain classic Western in Bounties II. But he draws upon all kinds of stuff in his writing, from sources as disparate as the United States Marine Corps (peppered across the whole series actually), to the Khmer Rouge in one of the character's backgrounds. Nobody else really puts that much thought into it.

Needless to say, I can't wait until Bounties III comes out. Sweet Revenge + Marko's Dome = Happy Me.

I hope we get a chance to kill Mr. K too. That'd be icing on the cake.

You know your mod is a success when the page about the mod becomes a hub of community discussion and camaraderie.

I can't blame the community for knowing quality. I tell people I know who have only played this game on the consoles what they're missing, and the Someguy series is the example I use when I talk about how great mods can really be.

He's a really good writer, and some of the references he uses are really crazy details and references that people can probably catch if it hits them, especially a huge reference to a certain classic Western in Bounties II. But he draws upon all kinds of stuff in his writing, from sources as disparate as the United States Marine Corps (peppered across the whole series actually), to the Khmer Rouge in one of the character's backgrounds. Nobody else really puts that much thought into it.

Needless to say, I can't wait until Bounties III comes out. Sweet Revenge + Marko's Dome = Happy Me.

I hope we get a chance to kill Mr. K too. That'd be icing on the cake.

It's like, the writing's not just good for a Fallout mod, it's damn good storytelling in general! I've seen quite a few big budget films with stories no where near as detailed, powerful, and thought provoking as the Someguy series, particularly Bounties II and The Inheritance. Also New Vegas Killer was one of the funniest things I've seen in the last few years.

Holy crap. I just finished NVB 1, 2, and Russell. I am highly anticipating this mod and can't wait to see this "Legendary Duel with the Man in Black." I do, however, plead that everyone maintain a level of patience and respect for someguy. Look back at previous pages some seemed to be getting rowdy. I'm glad to see it's calmed down.