Guest deleted2159825

I actually liked the romance all right myself and thought Someguy was too hard on himself about that. John Grisham said, after inserting a sex scene in one of his books, that he was told by his wife to never try that again and he considered that good advice. Sounds like Someguy may feel the same about soppy romance as Grisham does about writing graphic sex scenes. I am not sad to see it go since my game always hung up at that point during the alpha and I had to console kill her to get the game to proceed.

Yeah actual graphic sex in it's entirety is always a candid issue. It worked in Lady Chatterley's lover, but that's one of the few examples in classic literature in my opinion.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post here Someguy, but just wanted to say, these mods are incredible. They feel like full-fledged expansions to New Vegas. Haven't made it to Bounties III just yet, but I'll probably review them all once I'm done.

The whole community has done some stellar work over the years, from graphics, weapons, armor and characters. But as far as quests go, you've set the bar pretty damn high.

Well worth the wait.

Only thing I really felt was missing....what happened to the [Taunt] and [Terrifying Presence] options? Those were great fun to use. Obviously, Marko is not the kind who could be scared like that, but goddamn, do I wish I had the chance to make Ford s#*! his pants before killing him.

The saloon felt like it was dying for some sort of reference to Unforgiven.

Guest deleted2159825

First post here Someguy, but just wanted to say, these mods are incredible. They feel like full-fledged expansions to New Vegas. Haven't made it to Bounties III just yet, but I'll probably review them all once I'm done.

The whole community has done some stellar work over the years, from graphics, weapons, armor and characters. But as far as quests go, you've set the bar pretty damn high.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it, truly.

Well worth the wait.

Only thing I really felt was missing....what happened to the [Taunt] and [Terrifying Presence] options? Those were great fun to use. Obviously, Marko is not the kind who could be scared like that, but goddamn, do I wish I had the chance to make Ford s*** his pants before killing him.

The saloon felt like it was dying for some sort of reference to Unforgiven.

I kind of soured on [Taunt] because I felt it broke with the vanilla design too much. Terrifying Presence is all over NVBIII, though. Actually, there is a scene where you can use TP on Ford, but it was cut due to missing VO. I might add it back in later.

Realized that was my bad actually - been playing through on a character that I thought had the trait but actually didn't. Looking forward to a re-run to see that then.

Also been browsing through the files and I came across all the dialogue you wrote for Felina. While I trust you had good reasons for axing the romance subplot, I just wanted to say that I enjoyed her whole backstory and personality. Maybe it didn't survive translation from script to gameplay as you hoped, but on paper it doesn't look too bad. She'd be a lot more persuasive than anyone else when she's begging you not to go after Marko.

Edited by Flayer92

I'm assuming Sinners & Slaves, The Message and Just a Courier are out of the picture now then? If so, 'tis a shame, they seemed like stories very much worth telling, although Just a Courier definitely fascinates me the most out of all three.

Guest deleted2159825

I'm assuming Sinners & Slaves, The Message and Just a Courier are out of the picture now then? If so, 'tis a shame, they seemed like stories very much worth telling, although Just a Courier definitely fascinates me the most out of all three.

They're dead, but elements of S&S will be rolled into The Better Angels.

How ya doin' Someguy2000! I will admit I have never played any of the Bounty mods. I rarely ever use quest mods. I have however watched them played and until the 3rd one I had no intention of playing them. Not because I thought they were bad, get that thought out of your head! Nothing really called me to them is all but man that NVIII ending...Made me soooo nostalgic for Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Virgil is such an amazing character, I was almost saddened. The only thing I wish is there at the end how the courier is pretty much begged for a witty retort being able to make "you know who" question weither or not he ruined the courier's legend has failed could send him into a rage and initiate the final battle. I mean it might seem out of character but he already steps out of character as he pointed out himself so it's not to far fetched. But anyway I just wanted to say the amazing work you did with NBIII has made me install and play them myself.

Thanks and Great Work!

Geoff

PS - Is it just me or does Thorne sound a lot like HH's Jed Masterson!