SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

OH! No Imperial? Marcurio is Imperial race. Is that why mine didn't work? And no, btw, I did NOT get that "is running" message pop up.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't work yet. If you are married to someone not a Breton, Redguard or Nord your child will not be a child unless you are a human race.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work yet, it does work. The non human races are mini adults until I can get some child models for them.

OH! No Imperial? Marcurio is Imperial race. Is that why mine didn't work? And no, btw, I did NOT get that "is running" message pop up.

Please keep beta reports to the messages. But no that isn't why. Imperial children and characters ARE supported. The dialogue only checks you are talking to your spouse and the gender, nothing else.

If you didn't get that then the scripts aren't running. Double check all files have copied over to your skyrim, if the .SEQ file isn't copied the dialogue won't show. Use that latest zip with NMM or extract it to the data folder, the script will tell you if the marriage system isn't working.

The beta is going well, few problems were mistakes by me.

There have been a few "updates" for it fixing various issues and even a hotfix.

I will shortly be sending out a new version of the beta which fixes a few major bugs and enhances AI.

Oh and it seems to be compatible with RS Children out the box:

ScreenShot21.png?raw=1

I guess re textures are safe then?

Probably.

Update:

I'll upload the latest beta for testers later, just need to fix the packages and a dialogue test for the children.

Really curious about what are you going to do with the babies. Spawing grown up children is perfectly fine for me, though I know the mod is a lot more ambitious. Are the going to be functional babies, which you can carry and take away on adventures, feed and everything? Seems really hard. But I remember seeing some mods around which added pregnant NPCs and where some NPCs would carry babies around, but they seem to be hidden now.

I would go for the Sims 1 style cradles. One mesh, possibly a crying sound (and similar) as voices, dialogue options... And the baby will eventually grow...

Just thinking. But when you get the mod to work properly, what are the future plans?

Really curious about what are you going to do with the babies. Spawing grown up children is perfectly fine for me, though I know the mod is a lot more ambitious. Are the going to be functional babies, which you can carry and take away on adventures, feed and everything? Seems really hard. But I remember seeing some mods around which added pregnant NPCs and where some NPCs would carry babies around, but they seem to be hidden now.

I would go for the Sims 1 style cradles. One mesh, possibly a crying sound (and similar) as voices, dialogue options... And the baby will eventually grow...

Just thinking. But when you get the mod to work properly, what are the future plans?

The plans are everything on the OP. I intend to have fully functional babies, and proper pregnancy. But not to the extent of cycles like being female etc.

The best way would be to leave the baby at home and the spouse/housecarl can take care of it on your behalf, though if you don't trust them, you could always take them with you.

I'll add cradles to to the wish list.