NMM 0.50.0 and NMM Legacy releases

Dark0ne

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I report I've had no problems with the latest update at all. I did double check the install directory, and it chose the correct one by default. However, I have never tried the feature of being able to move the UI around any way I want. I'll have to try that out.

Thanks.

In response to post #15353375. #15355750, #15366320, #15367615 are all replies on the same post.

Yes, the new version installer clearly states that to avoid that kind of issue you should say NO when asked to remove config files.

Anyway the Mods and Install Info folders are set by the user, so there's no fixed place where you can look for it, you can start by searching for the "installLog.xml" file on your PC, this way you'll be able to find your old Install Info folder (and the mods folder should be right beside that).

Then you can either copy their content to the new Mods and Install info folders, or to avoid issues uninstall nmm removing config files (this time) and then when you launch your game mode again for the first time when prompted set the Mods and Install info paths to the old folders. Edited by DuskDweller

In response to post #15367345. #15367775 is also a reply to the same post.

Thanks for replying. Since you are trying to help I thought I would do a little bug testing. I uninstalled all other mods and Project Nevada installed OK but when I tried to install it with Darn UI New Vegas installed first it crashes. I think it has a script to edit files Darn UI already created and that is what is causing the crash.

From my prior experience it doesn't seem to be limited to Darn UI NV and Project Nevada as I have had crashes installing Mod Configuration Menu as well.

Darn UI New Vegas - http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1135390-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-nv/ Edited by jaredl

In response to post #15367345. #15367775, #15368135 are all replies on the same post.

I installed DarnUI from the link you posted, then Project Nevada, NMM asks me to overwrite some files, I say YES TO ALL, and the installer completes with success.

I also tried with MCM and it works.

Please try again, if it keeps happening then it could be that Windows'UAC or your antivirus are preventing the compiled PN installer from overwriting files. Edited by DuskDweller