NMM 0.50.0 and NMM Legacy releases

Dark0ne

In response to post #15394125. #15395040, #15400615, #15400745, #15401910 are all replies on the same post.

I did. You didn't follow them properly. Hence why the mods are now being uninstalled.

This seems to happen most with people who have moved their Skyrim folder out of the default directory and haven't bothered to update NMM with the correct path.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #15394125. #15395040, #15400615, #15400745, #15401910, #15404235 are all replies on the same post.

"This seems to happen most with people who have moved their Skyrim folder out of the default directory and haven't bothered to update NMM with the correct path." I followed the instructions, the mods were in the default directory. and the instructions were vague at best.

In response to post #15394125. #15395040, #15400615, #15400745, #15401910, #15404235, #15405440 are all replies on the same post.

The instructions were "vague" because the process is simple. It doesn't need explaining further. You uninstall NMM selecting "no" when asked if you want to delete the config files. You then install the new version over the top of where the old version was placed and ensure all your settings/folder paths are the same as before. If you follow that then no mods get uninstalled. If you don't follow that, if something changes, then mods get uninstalled. Edited by Dark0ne

I've got an issue, I saw it mentioned a few times in the comments section already. None of the mods I had installed before the 0.50 update are appearing in my mods tab. If I go to the folder where all my mods are stored, they're sitting there just like they were before the update. I followed the instructions, to the letter, and I haven't moved or changed any folders other than the uninstall for the old version of NMM that the new update causes. All my mods are still working in-game, my load order is completely unchanged, and I'm not experiencing crashes, but this makes it impossible to update any mods I already have loaded. Any suggestions, Dark0ne?

when I updated all my mods disappeared all the plugins are still there and working but I do not see any of my installed mods anymore 2 I just installed show up but nothing eles..Tryed uninstalling and reinstalling only shows the 2 mods I just installed non of the other mods.. Yippy

In response to post #15406480. #15406670 is also a reply to the same post.

That solved my problem, thank you!

If anyone else is having this problem, make sure it's not routing through C:/games/ to another location. That's what my issue was, and it's kinda easy to miss because the paths are the same aside from the games folder.

In response to post #15407075.

I just fixed this with DuskDweller's help

Go in the settings menu (gears icon) -> {Game} options
Check if the selected Mods and Install Info folders are the ones you were using before. Mine were the same, except it was all inside C:/games/

In response to post #15394125. #15395040, #15400615, #15400745, #15401910, #15404235, #15405440, #15405790 are all replies on the same post.

Well i followed the instructions. I uninstalled NMM selecting "No" when asked to delete settings. I then installed the new Version into the same folder the old Version was in. I didn't change my Skyrim folder in the process because why should i...
Still NMM is trying to uninstall all my mods... In one try (yes i had several so far double and tripple checking everything...) it even scanned for all the games again and i double checked wether it found the correct path for skyrim or not (it did...).
Currently i'm reinstalling 0.49.3 and it is reinstalling every single mod of mine because, and i quote:
"The mod "xyz" was deleted without beeing deactivated. However, a different version has been detected. The installed, missing, version is 2.0; the new version is 2.0.
You can either upgrade the mod or uninstall it."
And so on...

And since i can't check wether it got the right paths BEFORE it starts uninstalling my mods i have to assume that there is something wrong in the installation process... e.g. it overrides my path setting with the default ones or something like that...

thanks for the info it had put the insall info in the c:\games\nexus mod manager\? insted of where it was in the C:\games\fallout? directory...

mostly all good now everything says it is not activated...

Edited by dodgeris