Staff account compromise. What's happened and an apology.

Dark0ne

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all you do to keep the site running and the files available and clean for us. I, for one, thank you and appreciate all your hard work.

This is one of the nicest communities I'm happy and proud to be a member of.

Keep up the good work!

Ciao!

Thank you sooooo much! I absolutely love this site and love everyones creations. Everyone has put in alot of time and work into these items and i hate that someone would try to destroy them. I really appreciate the staff working so hard to find these threats and let us know!

In response to post #15495505. #15499140, #15501015 are all replies on the same post.

"Sony's fiasco a couple years ago springs to mind... I think it was, what, like 10 days before someone finally came out and said "hey, hi. We're reallll sorry but PSN is gonna have to be taken down for a month to fix security issues. Oh also, everyone on PSN your credit card information got stolen. *crosses fingers* Good luck!"

They were also using 10 year old apachii security software that anybody with a bachelors degree in computer security and a few years of experience could break through. What really made matters worse was when the D.o.H. and FBI stepped in and took over the investigation.