What Kinds of Mods do You Love to Download?

David Brasher

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it went in stages.

When I was new, I was hooked on cheat and gameplay mods, just so I could stay alive.

Soon after that I got into house mods, and collected way too many. later I moved on to only VERY cool houses that had quests.

Then I moved on to very minor landscape mods, and I still enjoy these greatly. In fact, if ever I see a mods that adds or changes some small little area in some nice way, I will absolutely get it. I've always been limited as to what mods I can download and run, so I tend to stay small with these. A better waterfall here, a witch's coven park there, some pretty flowerbeds... I collect these like baseball cards.

Now I like quests and new places the most. I'm always on the lookout for a new area and a new questline.

Just two days ago I was FINALLY able to install, patch, and smoothly run The Shivering Isles, thanks to the gracious help of a fellow denizen of the nexxux. WOW! Now I find myself seriously wanting some new clothing & beauty packs. The best part is that, now that I'm finally up to date, I can at last get hundreds of new mods that were always previously off-limits to me since I didn't have SI. I even have OBSE, but haven't installed it yet, and that will open up another whole new world of mods. Alchemy, crafting, deadly reflex... yeee-ha!

I can hardly wait.

Well I like armor, weapon, clothing and quest mods. I already have one house mod that I'm really happy about and one house is enough for me so I don't need to download that and I also have one companion which is perfect in my opinion and I don't want to have a gang of twenty people following me. :biggrin:

Any mods are my liking.

I do purpose to try beta mod often to give constructive feedback on it. They are the next thing that you will download, so I help make sure that they are good before you get them. ;)

Races...

Not like the ones that simply retex an imperial or khajiit. I'm talking about good old fashioned ingenious creativity. Like Demons that aren't Dremora retexs, or original Beast Races.

We have enough cute elven races and badly misshappened imperials to last the community for a lifetime. We need to add some birds, horses, and deer to the race list....

Gives me a few ideas, it does....

As an avid RPG/MMO fan, I've always loved the idea of advancement- new weapons and armor excite to a degree comparable to a kid the day before Christmas. But more than that, I'm a roleplayer. I love DnD, and things where you can create yourself, in a world where anything can happen.

So I love mods that add something monumental to Oblivion- Neat weapons that define a character, re-imagining of buildings (like many of the remakes concerning the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, making it much more dark and imposing), new and secret worlds (like all the special places in Midas Magic, not to mention the amazing spells therein). The mod that adds a druid class to the game, replete with new and special abilites- I wish thre were more of these things. The dragon mount, by Saidenstorm. Even somehting like the sailing boats mod, that makes the world a bit more immersive.

All this time, and I just cannot put this game to rest. I make new characters, new stories, and the mods just give me a new and much more open ended world to play in.

Also, cool race mods. I perosnally love the Chingari/Ismelda Demons and the Eilu.

:thumbsup:

good performances mods (i'm sure every user would appreciate some kind of multithreading support plugin, even though that sounds almost impossible) and animation mods (not those pose things, we've got enough of those)

Well I tend to stick around enviroment changes like weather, and new regions that are added by some other mods. Also, since I play warrior characters, I like to download quests, new armors, new places, new lands, and addons to already in-game places like the Better Cities Mods and so on. There is so much that you have to do to Oblivion after playing it for so long so yeah hahah