Chat

UK47

Hi

That would be cool to have a chat room, here in TesNexus !

It would be a real pain to moderate though between the 100-600 or so people who are on the site at any given time. I really don't think we need to open ourselves up for THAT much of a problem to develop. All it would take is one off-handed comment about the latest breast/penis mod to start a massive flame fest.

Then there are the ad bots, hackers, and previously banned persons who would see a chat system as being the perfect place to spout their own message or seek revenge against the site that did not want them.

Other than being "cool" there really wouldn't be much benefit to it.

Edited by Vagrant0

I'm actually contemplating buying a Facebook style chat app that would allow you to talk with people in your friends list like you can with friends on Facebook. Now, as more of an old timer than the Facebook generation I'll always think IRC and using MSN inbetween is a superior product, but it might be a nice addition to the site (with options to turn off the bar completely in the preferences). I'll have to trial it once my current work is done and see how it goes/how it affects server performance.

Reopening the topic for general talk on chat.

I would like being able to talk with my friends here. Not all use MSN/yahoo and I don't use some of the programs they do, so if it won't lag the site to much I think it can turn into something useful.

You have to think flamers never sleep and if there is going to be a chat function probably a lot of the members will use it and the moderators/admins have a lot more work to do if they have to watch for them in a chat too now.

But if you can use a function like "only talk to your friends" that would be a good idea! :thumbsup: