Booyah , You Can Take Back Your Democracy

Harbringe

We discuss many things here , much of which is how wrong things are with our democracies , yet many times all I hear from people is how nothing will change or excuses as to why someone doesn't do anything to try and change things , well that's just laziness , because it can be changed . There is a movement to get a Constitutional Amendment to get money out of politics and it can work . Get the Amendment and no one , not the Congress , not the White House , not the Supreme Court or any State body will be able to act against it . It will be the Law of the Land . This can be done and it has gained some serious steam.

They told them they couldn't even get one State and now they have the largest State in the Union . This can be done , this can work . Its pending in 15 or 17 other States and the are movements in 21 others States . Stop complaining and get it done.

Edited by Harbringe

I love how people get together in conventions that are against something they need to have to afford these conventions in the first place. Do I see irony in the forecast?

Young Turks? :laugh:

Really that's what you got out of that , Seriously . For someone who posts oh so many threads opinioning on the human character , you sound like someone who is already beaten , given up or just an obscurist . That's weak.

I love how people get together in conventions that are against something they need to have to afford these conventions in the first place. Do I see irony in the forecast?

Really that's what you got out of that , Seriously . For someone who posts oh so many threads opinioning on the human character , you sound like someone who is already beaten , given up or just an obscurist . That's weak.

What has the content of my posts have to do with the topic at hand. I have never posted anything that supports wasted efforts.

Who do you think will be the ones that craft this legislature that will control the access to public servants by the money they will need to run their next election run? Those people who will be hurt most by this will be those persons and you ask me what you just did.

What has the content of my posts have to do with the topic at hand. I have never posted anything that supports wasted efforts.

Who do you think will be the ones that craft this legislature that will control the access to public servants by the money they will need to run their next election run? Those people who will be hurt most by this will be those persons and you ask me what you just did.

Pretty much all your OP's have had something to do with the nature of the human condition , what if anything we can or should do about it and here I am posting something about people succeeding at doing something about the political condition (also part of the human condition) and all you can do is cast it a vein of disparagement . I on the other hand am showing that there are actual people who are actually getting something done , that's not supporting wasted effort they got the biggest State in the Union , that's getting it done.

As for the legislative aspect you clearly don't understand how a Constitutional Convention works , its not something that is done by a select group , but by each State and it can't be some creation of a body of law . Its a statement of principal that becomes law . A founding principal upon which the Nation is built . So for example . The vast majority of Americans no longer believe Congress is representing them , but represent big money donors . What are the two biggest factors contributing to this .1) Money is speech , 2) Corporations are people . So each State once a Constitutional Convention is called would have to come up with a Statement of Principal to address this issue of money in politics . How they word it is up to them . So for example . Money does not equal speech and only natural born people may be considered or are persons . (I know they would use much more flowery and important sounding language) but the point is each state would do this and meet at a Constitutional Convention to debate and hash out exactly what is needed to address the issue.

As for hurting people running for office , as it is now one person ( very rich donor) can simply buy the candidate that favors him , doing this would put everyone on more equal footing and the issues would be decided by voters for those making the best argument and not by how much one or the other can spend. Besides whats wrong with making politicians work for it.

We discuss many things here , much of which is how wrong things are with our democracies , yet many times all I hear from people is how nothing will change or excuses as to why someone doesn't do anything to try and change things , well that's just laziness , because it can be changed . There is a movement to get a Constitutional Amendment to get money out of politics and it can work . Get the Amendment and no one , not the Congress , not the White House , not the Supreme Court or any State body will be able to act against it . It will be the Law of the Land . This can be done and it has gained some serious steam.

Watched the videos and visited the Wolf Pac website. Sort of wondering given how politicians talk about "grass root movements" how potentially successful this may be. Getting 2 states would take some effort and they need 34, but I didn't get a sense of how wide spread the movement is or where any particular efforts are currently being made.

I will say it does seem to be a lot more legitimate than past social protests and I wish them well on their efforts and hope they are successful. Interesting anyway and thanx for the post - I may be following up to see how they do in the future.

Watched the videos and visited the Wolf Pac website. Sort of wondering given how politicians talk about "grass root movements" how potentially successful this may be. Getting 2 states would take some effort and they need 34, but I didn't get a sense of how wide spread the movement is or where any particular efforts are currently being made.

I will say it does seem to be a lot more legitimate than past social protests and I wish them well on their efforts and hope they are successful. Interesting anyway and thanx for the post - I may be following up to see how they do in the future.

The website is really just a clearing house of contacts and instructional videos and whatnot , the thing to do is see if there are any contacts for your state , if not then it becomes a matter of finding other organizations in your state that are socially/politically active and get something going . But your right instead of OWS where they had a whole bunch of things to be done to the point where you didnt know where to start . This is just one thing and you don't need the permission of anyone in Washington . This Article 5 Constitutional Convention idea the American Founding Fathers came up with is truly one of the most brilliant idea's in the whole thing .

Considering that the ERA as an amendment is still languishing after more than forty years and is still stalled at 35 what chance do you think this has? My tilting with windmills phase is long over...but best of luck Don Quixote.

Please don't make me come and close another topic. Stay on the topic and not shift the focus to each other. Though you can certainly point out faulty logic just bashing each others post isn't how this all works. It's not how any of this works...~Lisnpuppy

***(gavel bangs)***

CONGRESS IS NOW IN SESSION.....Our first order of business, we will vote on the amendment to completely destroy the gravy train that we all personally benefit from, and was the sole motivation for 99% of us to enter politics in the first place.

All in favor of destroying said gravy train, say aye......

(crickets chirping)

All opposed.....

(a chorus of nays)

The motion fails.

***(gavel bangs)***