• Looks awesome!
    • Looks pretty good.
    • Meh.
    • What's Chaos Rising?
  2. 2. Getting it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know yet

The upcoming Dawn of War II expansion, Chaos Rising, is set to be released on Mar. 11 in North America.

It will add a new race to the game - the Chaos Marines, as well as introduce new units for the rest of the races. Two new units will be added to the Last Stand multiplayer selection, the Chaos Sorcerer and Tyranid Hive Tyrant. New campaign levels will also be introduced.

The previews so far have been very positive.

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I've always been partial to the Chaos Space Marines, and since I had a very enjoyable experience playing Dawn of War II, I'll certainly be picking this up.

And the box art looks pretty good, as well:

http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/thq/images/product/detail/DOW2_Chaos_Rising_Box.jpg

It looks epic (as usual) and good...

But after being bitterly disapointed with dawn of war 2's gameplay, I decided to stick with dawn of war 1.

So I won't be getting it.

Probably still is worth your money if your a DoW fan.

DOWII was really disappointing, I can honestly say that I've wasted my money on such a game. They totally removed most of the fun elements from DOWI. DOWII is just too tactical, the missions are damn repetitive and I think it'll repeat itself for the coming expansion.

• 2 years later...
I'd play DOWII if it weren't for GFWL, which is currently telling me I can't play since I haven't played in 6 months and then refuses to log in. Fun times with Microsoft. Judging by the logo at the top of the box... Don't think I'll be getting it.