Khajiit's and Argonian's Overhaul

Sluggy42

I'm a Khajiit lover and I think they look cool and all but don't have a use for their looks and talents. Same goes to Argonian's slightly. So here is my idea to improve them:

Tail's look good but are useless. So now with a shortcut key you can sweep it under your enemies and make them stagger.

Cat like reflexes make Khajiit's jump higher. Not for Argonian's

Both of them can run faster (Khajiit fastest)

Insert mod that changes Khajiit and Argonian bodies here (Has to be compatible with DLC's)

More Khajjit members in sneak guilds like The Dark Brother Hood (But not The Thieves Guild i've been told)

Also new animation for Argonian's swimming (straight body with tail swaying, like crocodile)

Stronger unarmed attack for both (Argonian's strongest)

Thats it. Feel free to comment or add suggestions. Just so there's no confusion, I'm terrible at modding so this is a request to someone else to make :smile:

Thank you!

Edited by Sluggy42

the Skyrim Theives guild doesn't generally trust Khajiit all to much if I remember right.

also we cant combine those two mods without permission from the authors, so that's up to you to handle.

Me too. Thats partly the reason I made this request. I think the Dark Brotherhood should have all race's for different talents.

Maybe we could also focus on Orc's? Say "I Agree 2" in a post if you agree.

Idea's if orcs become an idea:

Biting

Faster 2 handed attack

More carryweight

Slightly slower sprinting

Tail's look good but are useless. So now with a shortcut key you can sweep it under your enemies and make them stagger.

Problem with this is that tails are quite short as is, and they look horrible
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Eeyore.gif

Cat like reflexes make Khajiit's jump higher. Not for Argonian's

Theres mods out there that change speed of peoples walk and jump, you could easily make this modification yourself with a little scanning and number changing in notepad.

Both of them can run faster (Khajiit fastest)

repeat of what I said above ^

Insert mod that changes Khajiit and Argonian bodies here (Has to be compatible with DLC's)

theres several that change the looks of the beast races, however if you "added" it would become a mod pack and those are often frowned upon as everyone wants their choices and having them separate is good.

More Khajjit members in sneak guilds like The Dark Brother Hood (But not The Thieves Guild i've been told)

Theres mods out there that add more characters to barren brotherhood, plus Khajit and argonians would be rarer than many nords in the guilds

Also new animation for Argonian's swimming (straight body with tail swaying, like crocodile)

This would be interesting however I am not sure how to separate animations, but theres a mod that allows you to have specialized animations for player only.

Stronger unarmed attack for both (Argonian's strongest)

Like the running and jumping, easy mod, plus theres likely mods that do this already...
also The dark brotherhood in skyrim sucked...
Edited by strazytski

All of the ideas are good. However, there should also be a few more mods that alter appearance. For me, the lack of Argonian hairstyles (that don't have horns) is pretty disappointing. I think Unique Beast Races has the other part covered (the feet and hands, of course). Now, if this idea allowed for further customization (i.e. more hairstyles, a better use for the tails than the one listed, and a unique unarmed animation pack), then I'll be happy.

All of the ideas are good. However, there should also be a few more mods that alter appearance. For me, the lack of Argonian hairstyles (that don't have horns) is pretty disappointing. I think Unique Beast Races has the other part covered (the feet and hands, of course). Now, if this idea allowed for further customization (i.e. more hairstyles, a better use for the tails than the one listed, and a unique unarmed animation pack), then I'll be happy.

Most of these are possible, but there are a few reasons there aren't a lot of mods including that.

1) Animations are difficult, and usually end up requiring FNIS

2) New hairs are a pain to make

3) Tails are possible, but if you wanted an attack to hotkey it would require SKSE