Derok

Ultra ancient description:

Old uploaded mod, now abandoned: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6041 (this mod page will be taken down soon, as I'm gonna upload the updated mod myself). Bilotheretard is not working on this anymore, but she's still interested in the mod.

I have been following this mod time ago, but I couldn't really help because I had no skills on modelling. Recently, I realized that the mod is not worked anymore, but in the meanwhile it gained lot of fans so would be a shame to not continue the awesome work. I learned some blender recently so I decided to give my contribute, while the big work is still from Senviro.

What is Unique Beast Races? The plan of this mod is to make beast races more animal-like and unique. The project for now it's at an early stage.

How it currently looks ingame:

http://i.imgur.com/argcHtQ.jpg

Khajiit (ignore the black circle)

The mod has been released and is avaliable here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74833/?

This thread has ceased its use, and I'd prefer if we just let it die. If you have questions, post in the mod page.

Edited by Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame Bethesda is apparently going away from the beastly beast races. Morrowind had backwards bending legs and the like; proper beast races. Now they all look human with different heads. I wonder if Bethesda is just getting lazy or if they honestly think it's better the way they're doing it now. I think they're getting lazy. They just don't want to make separate skeletons and animations for different races; just deform the face a bit and slap on a tail and POOF! Beast race... And Zenimax is continuing with this in TESO. Don't get me wrong; I still love the Elder Scrolls and will be playing TESO as well. I just hate when things get dumbed down over time. I wouldn't be surprised if future Elder Scrolls games took away their tails as well, and made their faces even more human so they wouldn't have to design different helmet shapes...

Edited by Bergzore

In fact, beast races are very human like in every TES except Morrowind. Also I think Skyrim beast races are 100 times better than Oblivion so I don't think they are dumbed down, other things are being dumbed down in TES. But the lack of unique bodies for beast races is because making different armors and new animations for beast races requires lot of work, and Bethesda is always lazy about those things. I understand the desire to have more interesting beast races.

Edited by Derok

Ah, I never did play Arena or Daggerfall; I didn't know their beast races were human-like. I guess Beth was just especially motivated for Morrowind. They probably got mixed opinions about the beast races and decided it wasn't worth the extra effort thereafter. Still though...such a shame. You see so many games with different races that all share the same animations. It would just be nice to have some variety in personality. I hate to bring up WoW here lol...but they did it right. Every race and gender combination had its own unique animation set. It just made starting a new character that much more interesting. Most games don't do that. That extra touch of variation just adds so much replay value to any kind of RPG where you create your own character.
I'm sure a lot of the community will appreciate what you're doing here. Even if the beast races use the same animations, it would be nice to have a little uniqueness in the meshes. It just makes it look so much more natural.

Edited by Bergzore

well, there's only so many ways you can swing a sword. side to side, up and down.

You'd be surprised how much variation a simple animation can be given.

And I'll be watching this mod. I've been using the raptor feet mod so far, but it just isn't what I was looking for. THIS is what I'm looking for. :D

well, there's only so many ways you can swing a sword. side to side, up and down.

Funny thing is... Bethesda was thinking this same thing when they made Skyrim.

Just messin around really. I actually enjoy the combat animations. I do wish magic was given more love though.

If this was done for khajiits, it would complete my game.

I love argonians too, I really miss the Morrowind style beasts. It's where I started on TES, and it's what I always picture the races as.