Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

Well, you can keep telling me it's the steam sales, but as soon as you gave a server choice everything is blazing fast again without any issues. That auto system of yours is borked up gents, no idea why it keeps on timing out servers and causing slow speeds, but it is, like I said with this change everything is working 110% as before.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having issues the other night. Super slow speeds. I signed up for a month of premium, thinking that would give me a choice of servers for downloading like it used to (my premium membership expired a couple of months ago). But much to my surprise, no such option popped up.

I think the server choice option for premium users should be restored.

Edited by rebel7254

Didn't have an issue before, don't have an issue now. Don't see any difference in speeds and I liked the new system. Only thing I can say is that for a day or two, every ten or so downloads, one of them would time out so I had to press it again. No biggie. But the speeds where fine

About the new download system.. (if it's implemented again) you don't have to wait all the time for the download to start. If it doesn't start you can just close the download pop-up or refresh the browser. If it's taking an unusually long time just try again and that way it will also select another mirror. And if it's a mirror you don't want you can just refresh your browser again (or close the download pop-up). Don't know about others but that's what I did. I retried as many times until it started downloading.

Yeah I don't have a clue on what's going on, I went to download something and I went to allow it to download nothing happens usually get nexus mod manager opened up fine without problem. Then I went to open it open myself and nothing happened tried running a troubleshoot and now saying its an incompatible program and yes I have it running as administrator. I don't know if its the latest update or this I don't know where to turn.

I've only had download problems when using NMM to download files. I have never seen a download problem when using manual download option. The problems seen when using NMM is usually one of 2 issues. The first issue is that the server is busy 3 times in a row and the download fails. The 2nd issue is that file cannot be found. Whenever this happens, manual download always worked instead.

I can't download many of the newer files. YUP for instance has been stuck in a virus scan for about 14 hours. The new Bozar textures are currently being scanned as well. Other files that were added even more recently are available. I don't think it's the file size since the ones that are stuck in a scan state are rather small by comparison.

Well, it may not caused by the new download system, however, in the last few weeks I couldn't download ANY file at the first try at any given time. I always got a connection time out... didn't matter if it was early in the morning, during the day or late at night (GMT +1). Sometimes it worked after a few tries, sometimes it doesn't. That seems to be working fine again now with the old system back - and - and thats the strange thing here - it works now on any server for me, European same like US.

Funny side note: even if I had preselected EURO in my preferences, the new download system tried to download from a US server every time.