Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

Yeah I had that problem as well. But I was told here that it was caused by the time zone differences. Like during different times different mirrors were available. Not sure how true that is, but maybe ther's something to do with it. But it still felt like it favoured US servers.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given what happened recently, your decision to scan all files is certainly the right one. However, the supplier you've chosen is clearly not up to the task. A simple 4mb texture file by Millenia has been stuck in scan for over 11 hours. The latest YUP update for over 12 hours. If all your various game sites are using the same virus scan supplier then you are turning an addition that everyone should support into a needlessly frustrating experience.

I still haven't experienced any download problems this Summer, primarily due to Premium membership, never using any auto-download programs as well as having an extremely fast FIOS ISP. So I thank you for the great work there.

However, it appears that any mods uploaded since about 0400 today (on Skyrim, FO3 or FONV at least) have failed to emerge from the auto-virus scanner, which I'm guessing is a third-party problem and I'm not blaming you for that.

(For the record; I've always personally virus scanned everything I've ever downloaded from the internet and I've never had a hit from Nexus with the exception of a few mods that were falsely reported due to .dll's.)

I do fell bad for your team having such a labor intensive Summer though! ( I suppose that it comes with the territory.)

this virus scan stuff is slowing us down today, yikes.... hope this isn't the new standard.. Edited by badkrma

It would help to at least acknowledge the virus scanning problem on the home page. I'm sure they are busy but a couple of minutes to let people know they are aware of the issue and are working on it goes a long way.

Bug with the purchase of improvements
---
When buying a house front garden "Honey" Jarl's assistant says that everything will be done. In fact, the front garden does not appear, the money is not withdrawn, a menu item purchases continues to hang.
---
Able to buy improvement after disabling the plugin patch.
---
Steam version of the game, Legendary edition. How to connect the plug on the photo (how to install add-ons by default)
http://imglink.ru/show-image.php?id=1bb31691e789b529a35c97b1c09fc50f
Excuse me, I just do not know whom to write, very badly know English

Sure won't get much help posting in a general 'site' news article's comments. But if it's about the Unofficial Skyrim Patch,

why not asking in this mod's comments http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19 instead? --Drake

I saw this virus scan issue coming. The Nexus has so many files that get uploaded and updated, it was only a matter of time before things got bogged down. Hope you guys get this sorted and I hope the stress levels aren't too high, since it seems like you're having one issue after another.

http://lukraakvars.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/you-can-do-it.jpg

But seriously, why not change it so that only certain files get virus scanned? It seems silly to waste resources scanning a texture pack. Maybe have some way to scan mods through the Nexus server to identify high risk stuff like executables and .dll files, then send it off to the virus scan. If those files aren't found, then upload it like normal.

Maybe a new button (red or orange) that lets users bypass the virus scan and rely on their own antivirus software. Or maybe enable downloads anyway, but pop-up a warning when files haven't yet been scanned.