Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #16789329. #16791479 is also a reply to the same post.

I meant those as well. I've been waiting all evening for the updated statue files for Namira and Boethiah to finally get released. If they wouldn't show as available until they were actually ready, I would have spent my evening blissfully ignorant of their existence.

Heh. I just noticed that the mod author is posting right below me about the same files. Edited by jeromycraig

In response to post #16789994.

I think that's probably more to do with luck on your end then actual perks of membership. I've had a premium account for a while now, and still encountered multiple disconnects and botched downloads.

ETA: It's better now than it was, but I still encounter problems, particularly with larger files. Edited by jeromycraig

In response to post #16790914. #16791414 is also a reply to the same post.

I think that's mainly to do with the fact that we apparently 'share' the waiting line to VirusTotal with many other projects and websites around the world.

At particularly busy times it might really take quite a while for your file's number to be drawn. From what I've read so far, when things go to the extreme, "1 hour" is but the beginning of it.

If a file is a few hundred megabytes or a gigabyte, I have to redownload it half the time to get it to work. There are so many corruption problems. The old system where we could pick the server was good because you could pick another if one seemed to be having problems that day. Edited by shotgun188

In response to post #16790914. #16791414, #16796359 are all replies on the same post.

Isn't there any way to check file contents server-side BEFORE bugging virustotal to waste its time with an archive full of malevolent and malware-prone texture and sound files? Like, only have virustotal run a check-up if there are executables or libraries in it? Edited by Rovlad84