Huge Mods

BlackerrR

It's me, again! And once again, sorry for bad English.

All this time on Nexus, I am using Modem (56kb). I moved out while my abode is under pursuits 2 months ago, and finaly, in between 3 and 15 days I will get DSL. I've seen a lot of huge mods, 50MB and more.

But, i'm concerned. I'm downloading other (smaller) mods with Opera browser, so should I download huge mods with Opera too? Months ago when I used to download files more that 100MB, Opera couldn't download whole file, instead it would crash from time to time, so i should start dling all over again.

So, is there (free!!) program that can safely download huge files, or I must continue with Opera, or any other browser?

Thanks, your BlackerrR. :thumbsup:

Whilst I don't have even the slightest clue what Opera is matey, I think you should be good on a broadband/DSL connection.

I use Mozilla Firefox on my system, my brother uses google chrome on his, and neither of use have experienced any problems downloading anything that were linked to either browser, and we both run without download manager support.

Hmm... wonder if he's noticed I deleted that from his compiter yet.... *wicked grin*

Jenrai

• 2 weeks later...
Really you have problems with Opera? :blink: that's strange I'm using Opera now and I download all mods including the big ones and I never had any problems like crashing.

It's me, again! And once again, sorry for bad English.

All this time on Nexus, I am using Modem (56kb). I moved out while my abode is under pursuits 2 months ago, and finaly, in between 3 and 15 days I will get DSL. I've seen a lot of huge mods, 50MB and more.

But, i'm concerned. I'm downloading other (smaller) mods with Opera browser, so should I download huge mods with Opera too? Months ago when I used to download files more that 100MB, Opera couldn't download whole file, instead it would crash from time to time, so i should start dling all over again.

So, is there (free!!) program that can safely download huge files, or I must continue with Opera, or any other browser?

Thanks, your BlackerrR. :thumbsup:

There is a way you maight try, it's a programme called Download Accelerator Programme. It's not free, but it certainly DOES work with 56k modems.

Really you have problems with Opera? :blink: that's strange I'm using Opera now and I download all mods including the big ones and I never had any problems like crashing.

Ditto here, after being a longterm Firefox user I switched to Opera and made it my default browser. Firefox was becoming slower and slower to load with each version and I finally had enough.

I always use Opera for downloads (for both huge and small mods), it's streamlined and zippy... no problems ever!