Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

PlayAnimation should work correctly. Not sure if it will cause the OnOpen event to play properly.

Is there a list of valid strings out there somewhere? Or a way for me to find them in the CK?

EDIT: I was wrong, give me a second to find the correct event.

EDIT 2: Take a look at this.

EDIT 3: Or maybe this.

Thing is, it's already being activated, but not opened; and SetOpen, which the firebolt script example uses, doesn't appear to do anything whatsoever. It compiles fine, and since GetOpenState returns a 3 I presume the containers can be opened-- especially since the player can do so!-- but as far as I can see it just may as well be ";".

Here's the relevant code

Scriptname foamContainerActivated extends ReferenceAlias
;...

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

ObjectReference akContainer = GetReference()
;..
    int kContainer = 28
;..

Debug.Notification("Target container activated") ;fires

;..
        if(akContainer.GetBaseObject().GetType()==kContainer)
            Debug.Notification("Trying to open container") ;fires
            akContainer.SetOpen(true) ;<--- this does not open it!
            Debug.Notification(akContainer.GetOpenState()) ;returns 3-- "closed"
        endif
;..
EndEvent

:sad:

EDIT: I suspect that there's some mismatch going on here that makes SetOpen() failsafe on me, but I can't for the life of me figure out what.

EDIT2: I ran across someone with the same problem from back in 2012... but he got no replies. :(

Edited by foamyesque

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, so i just started getting into modding skyrim and i've got a problem, I made a new chair model, and when i put it into the game and sit on it, the option saying "use chair" doesn't go away, and the camera won't rotate or scroll, anyone know how i can fix this?

Hey, so i just started getting into modding skyrim and i've got a problem, I made a new chair model, and when i put it into the game and sit on it, the option saying "use chair" doesn't go away, and the camera won't rotate or scroll, anyone know how i can fix this?

Could you elaborate more on the steps you took?

uh...

Could you elaborate more on the steps you took?

uh...i took the windhelm throne, removed the bear and dropped the height of the back a bit, recolored the cloth textures, copied the original windhelm throne in CK and replaced the model with the one i made, put it into the new area, and saved the plugin, but when you sit on it, the camera won't move like it does on other chairs....

Hi, I added some book shelves to Lakeview Manor, with all their nice activators in position. I'd really like to make them craftable at one of the interior workbenches. I tried to create a new recipe but the items I've added simply don't appear in the drop down menu "created object". What am I missing, here ?