Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

@chazzranger

Yes, for most records you can use the Data > Details > Ignore option then save the plugin to remove any edits you made to a stock record. Other records don't clean out as well. For those you will need to use TES5Edit.

There is a post here detailing the instructions for using the CK to clean mods: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/754151-tutorials-without-youtoob/page-10&do=findComment&comment=6543164 I will state this, the writer states that you should sort by form ID. I have found that it is better to leave things as they appear and navigate the list because sometimes when you sort the list you won't get everything associated with a specific edit. The example pictures show the mod plus Skyrim.esm checked and a whole slew of records displayed in the details window. If only the mod is checked then only those records will show in the detail window. Makes for a lot less to sort through and a lot easier to clean a mod.

Not saying you cannot use TES5Edit. I simply think it is a good idea to know how to do both.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrite, quick question about mods and performance impact.

Lets say I have a high res high poly armor mod installed. It is only installed and active, the item itself has not been brought into the game. It is not being held by any store owners or on my character either equipped or in my inventory. Is this mod impacting my in game performance in anyway? Same thing with mods like Halo's Aether Suit. Does having that installed impact performance in anyway shape or form or do these things only have an effect when I am loading into those cells or bringing an object into my cell?

In CK, if I want to revert something in my mod that changed (did not add) a vanilla object, can I use the data/details/mark as ignored method, effectively removing my change to that object and the CK will load it as vanilla when it loads my active mod? Or does it just mark the object as ignored entirely? GOD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF THE ASTERISK...

Use TES5Edit:

@chazzranger

Yes, for most records you can use the Data > Details > Ignore option then save the plugin to remove any edits you made to a stock record. Other records don't clean out as well. For those you will need to use TES5Edit.

There is a post here detailing the instructions for using the CK to clean mods: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/754151-tutorials-without-youtoob/page-10&do=findComment&comment=6543164 I will state this, the writer states that you should sort by form ID. I have found that it is better to leave things as they appear and navigate the list because sometimes when you sort the list you won't get everything associated with a specific edit. The example pictures show the mod plus Skyrim.esm checked and a whole slew of records displayed in the details window. If only the mod is checked then only those records will show in the detail window. Makes for a lot less to sort through and a lot easier to clean a mod.

Not saying you cannot use TES5Edit. I simply think it is a good idea to know how to do both.

Thank you both! I use TES5Edit, but didn't think to use it to revert something to vanilla this way, that's awesome. I'll try using the CK first, good to know there's more than 1 option.

Basically have a package on your follower, on the very top of the stack, which has a condition of your weapon being drawn, etc.

However this might override the follow package. I'm not entirely sure. Via scripting you should be able to do it. Before any of that though I recommend you take a look at the CK Wiki so you can understand the basics of what I'm saying:

http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Tutorials

Ok, i will follow that path too, but i guess i am going to need a new format for my mind, for last few weeks i was searching a way to do this mod and red too many articles and watched to many tutorial videos and haven't got much progress yet :)

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody help/give links to tutorials? i can't open .dds files with my gimp 2.8. I've downloaded the required plug-ins but it still doesn't work, instead it gives an error when trying to open/save as .dds. I have a gmic plug-in that works just fine. I've tried google the problem, nothing have worked so far

Edited by paholainen90

I'm trying to make my own colored map markers mod but i can't seem to find the DLC related icons, where can i find them?

I have looked in "Skyrim - Interface.bsa" and inside that I found the files "hudmenu.gfx" and "map.swf" where there are map marker icons but for some reason i don't have the DLC map markers in them.

I'm trying to make my own colored map markers mod but i can't seem to find the DLC related icons, where can i find them?

I have looked in "Skyrim - Interface.bsa" and inside that I found the files "hudmenu.gfx" and "map.swf" where there are map marker icons but for some reason i don't have the DLC map markers in them.

They aren't in any of the "Skyrim -" BSAs because they're not part of vanilla Skyrim. Look in the BSA labelled with the DLCs name (like Dawnguard.bsa).

Greetings all.

In my personal mod I have a few dozen follower/ally NPCs with a custom companion quest, where I tell them (besides to follow or travel etc) to change outfit.

This uses the Actor.SetOutfit() Papyrus command.

Now my question is:

Is there a Papyrus command (sequence) that will allow me to revert the speaker NPC back to his or her's Base Actor Outfit?

EDIT: I realise that the SKSE function GetOutfit might be applicable here. Is there a way without using SKSE functions?

Edited by GreyFox77

Heyoo!! I've been working on a Vampire Lord NPC for a week now... and I almost got it working. But hen I spawn the enemy... its a game of chance. Sometimes it works (VP uses Magic to fight) but the majority of the time, he doesnt attack and only retreats. Has anyone come across a solution to doing this properly????? because I'm fairly new to Skyrim and Creation Kit, and I can't seem to figure it out.

Greetings all.

In my personal mod I have a few dozen follower/ally NPCs with a custom companion quest, where I tell them (besides to follow or travel etc) to change outfit.

This uses the Actor.SetOutfit() Papyrus command.

Now my question is:

Is there a Papyrus command (sequence) that will allow me to revert the speaker NPC back to his or her's Base Actor Outfit?

EDIT: I realise that the SKSE function GetOutfit might be applicable here. Is there a way without using SKSE functions?

I'm afraid the only option I can think of is SKSE's function. You can't really store the value without a function it get it.

Beth was weird about that. Tons of Set or Get commands but no opposite one.