Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

SetGameSettingInt is an SKSE function. Ensure that you are starting the game with SKSE else it will fail to set and GetGameSettingInt will return the default value.

Could also be that not enough time has passed for the engine to properly set the value before you call to obtain the updated value. To test, try adding a Utility.Wait(0.25) and increase the time as needed till you get the correct return (if at all).

I'm definitely using the SKSE_loader! As for the Utility.Wait(0.25), the notification on its own without me changing anything returns 0.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is about fDetectionViewCone being a floating point value? Have you tried getting it as a float? If it returns 0 that is odd, since the wiki says it should be ~190 by default.

Debug.MessageBox("Value: " + Game.GetGameSettingFloat("fDetectionViewCone"))
Utility.Wait(0.5)
Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fDetectionViewCone", 175.0)
Utility.Wait(2.0)

Also, did you try to raise the time as per suggestion?

-- and increase the time as needed till you get the correct return (if at all).

Maybe it is about fDetectionViewCone being a floating point value? Have you tried getting it as a float? If it returns 0 that is odd, since the wiki says it should be ~190 by default.

Utility.Wait(0.5)
Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fDetectionViewCone", 175.0)
Utility.Wait(2.0)

Also, did you try to raise the time as per suggestion?

-- and increase the time as needed till you get the correct return (if at all).

God dammit. That works. I was like 'should I try float? Na, it's a whole number so it should work with int'.

Thanks a lot buddy!

How do multiple logical conditions work in the CK? Assuming I want one of three conditions and one of two other conditions, ie. (A + B + C) * (D + E). Do I just write something like

A OR

B OR

C AND

D OR

E OR?

Does having conditions in different tabs affect it in any way? Say I want to make a perk that requires one of three conditions for the subject and one of two conditions for the weapon, with A B and C being on the perk owner tab and D and E on the weapon tab. Does using multible tabs change it in any way? Thanks in advance!

Editing for clarity: Hoping to understand the general principle behind setting these conditions. I'm a bit confused with there being a logical operator after each condition, instead of just between them, and wondering if those tabs have any effect.

Edited by heippadei

The traditional AND and OR precedence (which is used in Papyrus) is reversed in the CK. So yes, that's the right ordering for the CK.

The different tabs have an implied AND condition which you can't change. So if you have conditions on the subject and the target both will have to apply.

So the case of "one of three conditions for the subject and one of two conditions for the weapon" is one of the easiest to set up. (Basically that's why conditions precedence is "backwards" in the CK. That's almost always the most useful case.)

The OR checkbox being on the line with each condition is just to keep the listing compact. And the final one isn't used at all since nothing follows it.

How do you make compass marker work?

I have 4 or 5 aliases in my quest, yet only one works as a compass marker. It's especially annoying, since 2 of those aliases are similar (actors). Yet the CK decided the least useful marker (the quest giver) will work...

I don't know, maybe I need to tick some more options in the aliases?

How do I add a property to a dialogue script fragment? There's nothing in the script tab which is where I thought it would be.

You need to first create the script. A simple commented line will work. Then you should be able to click on the Advanced tab of the fragment in question and add a property there.