Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Quick question (I love this thread, lol); In Oblivion there was a mod to manipulate and freeze items, allowing you to decorate your home in epic fashion (see attached picture). Does Skyrim have anything like that?

Edit: To clarify, everything in that picture was arranged by me in game, it's not a pre-set thing.

Edited by ImmortalD42

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to do it on another computer. Unless you disable it, xEdit creates backups of every plugin that it modifies. If it 'screws up' you can restore from the backup.

Does not work! After coping 3 of the ARMOR Addon, it start telling me I have to add Merta Assassin as a master. Trying to make this a stand alone but use someone else's armor just does not seem to be do-able.

How hard is it to make your own armor, and what software will I need.

Oh well ... back at it.

<snip>

Have you tried this:

• first copy the single record you actually want to copy, as a new record, to your plugin
  • since the record will reference other records from the original plugin, your new plugin will need that other plugin as its master, which is okay, for now
  • for every record that the new record in your plugin needs/references (that can be found in the original plugin, which is the reason why your plugin has the original plugin as its master), copy that required record as a new one to your plugin, and change the reference in the first copied record to point to the new copy in your plugin, as opposed to the original record in the original plugin - repeat until every required record has been copied as a new one to your plugin and the references in the first copied record(s) have been changed to point at the new copies, so that no record in your plugin references anything in the original one
  • finally, remove the original plugin from the masters of your plugin

But that is just an idea. It requires some manual work and maybe a little bit of knowledge about things, but nothing drastic. Basically (in a short form) the idea would be to just copy all the relevant records from the original one to the new plugin, then change the references in the new plugin to point to the copies in the new plugin, so that every needed record is inside the new plugin and nothing in the original plugin is referenced in your new plugin, after which it would be possible to remove the master dependency (the original plugin). :thumbsup:

Edit: TES4Edit will inform of that "need to add X as a master to Y" when you do something that results in a record in plugin X referencing a record in plugin Y. While it might not exactly always be the thing you are after, you can still accept the new master, and work your way forward, later removing all references to anything in plugin Y, and finally removing the master dependency. However it is definitely very easy to break stuff that way, so make sure to keep backups, double-check everything, and you can also, in the end, open your mod in the CK (if you can), check that everything looks the way it should, and then save it. It might be safer to do things some other way, too, but I am not sure. I have used that method myself, but only for plugins for my own personal use, because if the game breaks, I will be the only one to suffer, and not some other poor person out there. :blush:

Edit 2: Also, as a side note, you probably should not try that on anything more complex than static items, activators, clothing/armour, etc. that are somewhat reasonable in complexity, scale and the number of referenced records. Anything that involves scripts, script fragments or somesuch are also probably something to think twice before using TES4Edit to copy-paste things.

Edited by Contrathetix

How do I get my follower to use the animation that arch-Curate Vyrthur uses at the end of Auriel's Bow quest, the part where he jumps up and on Serana in the last fight scene? I want my Vampire follower to have an attack that she jump up on the victim and bites them... or really any vampire bite animation will do I guess.

By the way no I have not tried this (below) I am wonding if it would be easyer just to learn to make my own armor??

<snip>

Have you tried this:

• first copy the single record you actually want to copy, as a new record, to your plugin
  • since the record will reference other records from the original plugin, your new plugin will need that other plugin as its master, which is okay, for now
  • for every record that the new record in your plugin needs/references (that can be found in the original plugin, which is the reason why your plugin has the original plugin as its master), copy that required record as a new one to your plugin, and change the reference in the first copied record to point to the new copy in your plugin, as opposed to the original record in the original plugin - repeat until every required record has been copied as a new one to your plugin and the references in the first copied record(s) have been changed to point at the new copies, so that no record in your plugin references anything in the original one
  • finally, remove the original plugin from the masters of your plugin

Hey, I've managed to make a 3d model in 3DS Max & texture it & create a collision hull in Chunk Merge but it has no havok material. I can't walk through it but if you hit it or shoot arrows at it they make no sound. In Nifskope under bhkMoppBvTreeShape it says the material is Hav Mat Stone but in Chunk Merge there are no materials in the material list to choose from when creating a collision hull & in game it has no material assigned...does anyone know what the problem is?

@LeVosgien So if I use a different xml file for Nifskope that will fix the collision material problem? Because that's the issue - there are no collision materials to choose from in ChunkMerge. I'm using Nifskope 2, btw & I've tried using Nifskope 1.1.0-rc4 but it's the same either way. I can get the mesh ingame & it has collision but there are no footstep or impact sounds. I changed the chunk material property but that hasn't fixed it either.

The integer in BSX Flags was 642, btw. I changed it to 130 (Tamira said the integer for statics is 130 in this thread https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3688275-chunkmerge-collision-problems/) but it hasn't helped.

The startup version for my Nifskope 2 is 20.0.05 & the user versions were 11 & 11 but I changed them to 12 & 83. I also read the startup should be 20.2.0.7 but nifutils would crash when I tried to use nifconvert with that number so I changed it back to the default.

It's so frustrating being so close to getting working meshes in game but falling short :/

Edited by TurelimVampire

• 5 weeks later...

Hello

So i opened the CK and ALL my quest dialogue were gone. I have a previous version of my mod so i tried copying the quest but the dialogue don't come with it.

How can i copy my quest AND dialogue from my previous mod version into the new one ? Thx in advance