Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Have you tried showing the PlayGameBryoAnimation return value in order to see what the result is?

There is some discussion on the wiki page that indicates afEaseInTime is erratic. Have you tried setting it to 0.0?

not set to 0, but i have tried running the script without it just incase, was no difference. What do you mean by return value btw?

That function returns a value of true or false telling you if the animation successfully played.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm trying to make a Nord ruin that connects to a cave. I'm going to have it connect through a pit trap [NorShaftTrapdoor], but I can't figure out how to make it transition well between the ruins and the cave. Does anyone have an idea as to how I could do this, or know an existing cell that has something similar to what I'm trying to do for me to reference?

Please and thank you.

Edited by courtneyfrb

Is it safe to delete existing landscaping and critter spawn points in exterior cells? I have selected a location for a player home that I would like to build that will be quite large and I would like to just clear out all the cells I'll be using and start from scratch . I'm unsure if this will cause problems as I've never done anything like this before.

Is it safe to delete existing landscaping and critter spawn points in exterior cells? I have selected a location for a player home that I would like to build that will be quite large and I would like to just clear out all the cells I'll be using and start from scratch . I'm unsure if this will cause problems as I've never done anything like this before.

It will interfere with other mods that change these, ofc.

Have you tried showing the PlayGameBryoAnimation return value in order to see what the result is?

There is some discussion on the wiki page that indicates afEaseInTime is erratic. Have you tried setting it to 0.0?

not set to 0, but i have tried running the script without it just incase, was no difference. What do you mean by return value btw?

That function returns a value of true or false telling you if the animation successfully played.

Hmm call me stupid but I have never seen that function and I'm not entirely sure how to do that, that could help me debug at least.

Hmm call me stupid but I have never seen that function and I'm not entirely sure how to do that, that could help me debug at least.

http://www.creationkit.com/PlayGamebryoAnimation_-_ObjectReference

You'd check its return value like:

If MyRef.PlayGameBryoAnimation("Forward"); if the animation Forward played properly on MyRef

Hey, I don't know if this information is available elsewhere, but here's my question - How would I go about making a quest have a delay before being added to the player's journal? Something like how they did A Door in Niben Bay back in Oblivion when they introduced the Shivering Isles DLC.

A quest is only added to your journal once an objective is displayed. So hold off displaying the objective, I suppose. Or you could try making the quest misc at first, then starting a full fledged quest after a certain point.