Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Hey, I don't know if this information is available elsewhere, but here's my question - How would I go about making a quest have a delay before being added to the player's journal? Something like how they did A Door in Niben Bay back in Oblivion when they introduced the Shivering Isles DLC.

A quest is only added to your journal once an objective is displayed. So hold off displaying the objective, I suppose. Or you could try making the quest misc at first, then starting a full fledged quest after a certain point.

That's good to know... How do you make the courier bring the character a letter/note?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I don't know if this information is available elsewhere, but here's my question - How would I go about making a quest have a delay before being added to the player's journal? Something like how they did A Door in Niben Bay back in Oblivion when they introduced the Shivering Isles DLC.

A quest is only added to your journal once an objective is displayed. So hold off displaying the objective, I suppose. Or you could try making the quest misc at first, then starting a full fledged quest after a certain point.

That's good to know... How do you make the courier bring the character a letter/note?

http://www.creationkit.com/Using_the_Vanilla_Courier

Hi. I stumbled upon a sound clip of a blood-curdling scream that I really wanted to implement into a custom-voiced follower. My question: Is there a condition function in the CK that checks whether the subject (the follower) is burning / is hit by a fire spell? Thanks in advance.

Edited by ChooSum

In Skyrim, werewolf unarmed damage stops increasing when you reach lv 50. Is there a way to let unarmed damage increase even past that level using the creation kit?

Edit: never mind, I think I figured it out. I'm reinstalling Skyrim, so I can't test it right now, but I think what you do is modify the PlayerWerewolfChangeSCript, and replace the lines

elseif (playerLevel <= 45)
        Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl45AndBelowAbility, false)
    else
        Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl50AndOverAbility, false)
    endif

Game.GetPlayer().RemoveSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl45AndBelowAbility)
    Game.GetPlayer().RemoveSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl50AndOverAbility)
with

elseif (playerLevel <= 45)
        Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl45AndBelowAbility, false)
    elseif (playerLevel <= 50)
        Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl50AndBelowAbility, false)
    elseif (playerLevel <= 55)
        Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl55AndBelowAbility, false)

Game.GetPlayer().RemoveSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl45AndBelowAbility)
    Game.GetPlayer().RemoveSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl50AndBelowAbility)
    Game.GetPlayer().RemoveSpell(PlayerWerewolfLvl55AndBelowAbility)
etc. Then actually modify and make those spells in the creation kit. Could that theoretically work? I know it would only increase the damage increase limit, instead of removing it entirely, but could what I've suggested work? Edited by readerboy7

so this is a 3 part question

1#

when you make custom enchantments for weapons, cloth and other such mods

is there a limit to the number of enchants one item can have?

2#

(i look a Little around couldn't find a clear asnwer) is it possible to apply a spell, say a fireball, to a weapon

so when you swing it cast a fireball.

3#

how much "power" do you have over enchantments, as in can you give a weapon two different enchants like ice and lightning and how only one of them effect the target

like: ice/lightning weapon

on hit 50% chance target will suffer ice damage

the motive behind my questions is that for a while i had a strange idea for a weapon filled to the brim with random magic effects, much like the wabbajack that turn the target into something else this weapon would cast a random spell, anything from healing/buffs to single/aoe damage spells.

Why is it the Creation Kit wouldn't let me create and add a script directly to an item I had created, but not placed anywhere? I had to actually place a copy of the item in a cell, then add the script to that object before it would let me add the script to the base item in the object window.

Why is it the Creation Kit wouldn't let me create and add a script directly to an item I had created, but not placed anywhere? I had to actually place a copy of the item in a cell, then add the script to that object before it would let me add the script to the base item in the object window.

That shouldn't be happening. Make sure you're extending the right thing. The object in the cell window should extend ObjectReference, and the one base object should extend whatever it is (Book, Weapon, Armor, MiscObject, etc.).

That shouldn't be happening. Make sure you're extending the right thing. The object in the cell window should extend ObjectReference, and the one base object should extend whatever it is (Book, Weapon, Armor, MiscObject, etc.).

Yeah... I don't really understand why they won't let you make a script on an item in the object window with "extends ObjectReference", since after I got the script created it let me add it to the item without any trouble.

Whenever I try to load Dawnguard and Skyrim in the creation kit, I get the following error message.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION: zero entries or empty black size read from strings file STRINGS/Dawnguard_ENGLISH.STRINGS. Strings will be missing.

The creation kit then stops responding and shuts down. Is there any way to fix this?