Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To find karthwastem you should be able to just choose the tamerial world space, click on the list of locations, and type karth and it will show you the exterior zones of the area then just click on one..should be that simple. Most vanilla locations are labeled (place)exterior01

Ok so I am sitting there talking to Rigs, and this stupid bard starts singing and she ups in the middle of a convo and starts dancing, and applauds him, then sits down again GRRRR!

How can I stop her from interacting with the bard quest?

I have a question about a mod I'm using for Skyrim.

I'm using Convinient Horses, because Immersive Horses doesnt work with my currently installed mods, and is there a way to assign your own horses to followers?

For example I have the horse Frost, and I want to give him to a follower. Convinient horses doesn't seem to do that.

I have maybe 3 unique horses to give to followers but I simply cant do that. Is there a mod add-on for Convinient horses that can let me do this or am I doing something wrong?

Skyrim decides to ignore the facegendata\facegeom\Skyrim.esm NPC Face NIF files completely.

I can make all changes to the NIF files in there but no change ingame

Is there a cache I should take care of?

Tried:

- disabled NPC changing mod -> Loads Skyrim.ESM default head instead of 000A2C8E.NIF

- no conflicting mods according to TES5Edit
- cleaned Save file

- copy NIF of a random NPC over Lydia's ID, she still shows up as the changes set in an ESP or default Skyrim.esm

I don't think I'm a n00b modder but I'm starting to doubt everything :D

Solved:
I figured to post the answer to my issue in case somebody else experiences it.

In the BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned node, there is a text value with the name reference of the headpart that was used to generate this face. As all the face data is present in the NIF, I didn't think the name mattered.

However, if the headpart is not found, it cannot load the .tri files and will discard the Facegen NIF and recalculate the face it according to the changes made by the ESP.
After chaning the headpart reference in the NIF, it loaded again :)

I have a question about a mod I'm using for Skyrim.

I'm using Convinient Horses, because Immersive Horses doesnt work with my currently installed mods, and is there a way to assign your own horses to followers?

For example I have the horse Frost, and I want to give him to a follower. Convinient horses doesn't seem to do that.

I have maybe 3 unique horses to give to followers but I simply cant do that. Is there a mod add-on for Convinient horses that can let me do this or am I doing something wrong?

This thread is for mod author questions. If you're LOOKING for a mod, please go to the Mod Detectives thread. Pinned in Skyrim Mod Talk.

Ok so I am sitting there talking to Rigs, and this stupid bard starts singing and she ups in the middle of a convo and starts dancing, and applauds him, then sits down again GRRRR!

I was just recreating the bard framework for BS so hopefully I got this one. ;)

There's a faction you can add to NPCs to ensure they don't applaud. I don't quite remember the name but it's probably got applause in it. You can find out for sure by going to BardAudienceQuest>Quest Aliases>One of the audience aliases>Check the conditions.

I was just recreating the bard framework for BS so hopefully I got this one. :wink:

There's a faction you can add to NPCs to ensure they don't applaud. I don't quite remember the name but it's probably got applause in it. You can find out for sure by going to BardAudienceQuest>Quest Aliases>One of the audience aliases>Check the conditions.

Thganks a bunch Matt, the bard mechanics are quite deep and scattered everywhere. cheers for that

I need help with scripting. I am trying to make my new race automatically have the Ring of Namira ability, which will allow it to feed on dead people and gain health. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is any one willing to help just message me pretty please.

Edited by Lillysdad2009