Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I'm not sure, sorry.

That's okay, thanks anyway.

Here's an entirely different question... I made a ring that's only purpose is to fire a script with an OnEquipped event to open a menu, and I was wondering- How would I go about making the ring unequip itself after a choice is made in the menu that's opened?

Game.GetPlayer().Unequip(self) ?

Tried it, but it failed and said "Unequip is not a function or does not exist"... Trying: Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItem(self)

EDIT: Script compiled and saved without issues, but it didn't seem to do anything in-game.

EDIT2: Ended up getting it to work properly by adding an Armor property referring to the ring like this:

Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItem(DarkxUtilityRing, false, true)

Edited by Darkxenoth

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, sorry.

That's okay, thanks anyway.

Here's an entirely different question... I made a ring that's only purpose is to fire a script with an OnEquipped event to open a menu, and I was wondering- How would I go about making the ring unequip itself after a choice is made in the menu that's opened?

Game.GetPlayer().Unequip(self) ?

Tried it, but it failed and said "Unequip is not a function or does not exist"... Trying: Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItem(self)

EDIT: Script compiled and saved without issues, but it didn't seem to do anything in-game.

EDIT2: Ended up getting it to work properly by adding an Armor property referring to the ring like this:

Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItem(DarkxUtilityRing, false, true)

UneqiupItem, right. Forgot. :P

And yes. If the script isn't directly on the item then Self wou don't work. Even if it was, come to think of it, it probably wouldn't work because it Extends ObjectReference.

So yeah. You got it.

UneqiupItem, right. Forgot. :tongue:

And yes. If the script isn't directly on the item then Self wou don't work. Even if it was, come to think of it, it probably wouldn't work because it Extends ObjectReference.

So yeah. You got it.

The script is directly on the ring... or rather it's attached directly to the base item so if I were to spawn multiple copies of the ring, each would have the same functionality. Pretty sure that's why passing 'self' as the parameter didn't do anything, because it needed to know which copy to refer to; or maybe not, I don't really mind either way since I got it working properly.

So I was just wondering... what can make a spell not show up in your spell book? I made a spell awhile back that worked fine, but when I duplicated the spell a couple times and changed the magnitude and duration on the new spells (I wanted a weaker version and a stronger version) the new spells don't work. I made spell books for each spell that teach the individual spells, the tomes show up in-game fine, and it gives the notification for a spell learned when I read the tomes... but then I can't find the spell in my spellbook to actually equip/use it. As I just duplicated and then changed the spell that was working, I can't seem to figure out why these new versions aren't showing up properly.

UneqiupItem, right. Forgot. :tongue:

So yeah. You got it.

The script is directly on the ring... or rather it's attached directly to the base item so if I were to spawn multiple copies of the ring, each would have the same functionality. Pretty sure that's why passing 'self' as the parameter didn't do anything, because it needed to know which copy to refer to; or maybe not, I don't really mind either way since I got it working properly.

I THINK this is why it wasn't working:

When you place a script on a base object, it actually extends ObjectReference. You're just saying that this script will be applied to every instance of the item in the game. So Self would have been on the reference, not the base?

Does anyone know why the "Become a Bard" mod is being hidden? I desperately need that mod, and the steam workshop version of it seems to not even be working. Has it been taken down??

I'm a scripting n00b so a question:

I have a player home with a dozen beds/rooms. I want to to be able to assign a specific room/bed to a follower (basically making that room his home when he is dismissed)

What's the best way to go about it?

Does anyone know why the "Become a Bard" mod is being hidden? I desperately need that mod, and the steam workshop version of it seems to not even be working. Has it been taken down??

I don't know. You can PM the mod author and ask.