Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I have made a spell which changes the StaminaRate actor value by a magnitude of 5 and duration of 8 seconds on the spell. Setting the Recover flag on it enables the effect to work properly but the duration on it is infinite, removing the Recover flag on it makes the effect not work at all but at least it does not last forever.

http://puu.sh/jFOiO/bb00a40dce.png

http://puu.sh/jFOkp/4034c48ff8.png

What's wrong? =/ I looked into the vanilla magic effects and they run properly.

Are there any vanilla magic effects that change staminarate that are actually used by the game? I was pretty sure no.

StaminaRate, MagickaRate, and HealRate are weird AVs because they are forced by the race to a specific value. In my experience they work as expected until the player changes race, reloads the game, or levels up. Generally though I wojld just advise leaving them alone and only editing them through races. StaminaRateMult should be able to suit most needs and works as expected in all cases that I have tested.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas on how the actor value (AVIF) "CombatHealthRegenMult" is derived? I have noticed that the related game setting (GMST) "fCombatHealthRegenRateMult" is the only one among attribute settings that has its value set to zero. I have a hunch this is why when I call GetBaseActorValue it always returns zero. The method GetActorValue will of course return the current value though.

Game.GetPlayer().GetBaseActorValue("CombatHealthRegenMult") ; return zero
Game.GetPlayer().GetActorValue("CombatHealthRegenMult") ; return 0.7

So how/where does skyrim derive this value for health combat regeneration multiplier? The others appear to come from their related GMST. Thanks modders!

I have made a spell which changes the StaminaRate actor value by a magnitude of 5 and duration of 8 seconds on the spell. Setting the Recover flag on it enables the effect to work properly but the duration on it is infinite, removing the Recover flag on it makes the effect not work at all but at least it does not last forever.

http://puu.sh/jFOiO/bb00a40dce.png

http://puu.sh/jFOkp/4034c48ff8.png

What's wrong? =/ I looked into the vanilla magic effects and they run properly.

Are there any vanilla magic effects that change staminarate that are actually used by the game? I was pretty sure no.

StaminaRate, MagickaRate, and HealRate are weird AVs because they are forced by the race to a specific value. In my experience they work as expected until the player changes race, reloads the game, or levels up. Generally though I wojld just advise leaving them alone and only editing them through races. StaminaRateMult should be able to suit most needs and works as expected in all cases that I have tested.

I just tested my spell with other spell effects from Alchemy/Food which fortify your staminaratemult, I can confirm that my spell lasts forever even with the vanilla magiceffects attached to it..

What the hell ;(.

Any ideas on how the actor value (AVIF) "CombatHealthRegenMult" is derived? I have noticed that the related game setting (GMST) "fCombatHealthRegenRateMult" is the only one among attribute settings that has its value set to zero. I have a hunch this is why when I call GetBaseActorValue it always returns zero. The method GetActorValue will of course return the current value though.

Game.GetPlayer().GetBaseActorValue("CombatHealthRegenMult") ; return zero
Game.GetPlayer().GetActorValue("CombatHealthRegenMult") ; return 0.7

So how/where does skyrim derive this value for health combat regeneration multiplier? The others appear to come from their related GMST. Thanks modders!

Figured it out. The spell "PCHealRateCombat" gets added to the player that has a magic effect "AbFortifyHealRateCombat" with magnitude 0.7

Halo c:

im fairly new and just wanted to ask, im planning on getting perkus maximus but i also want skyres scaling, encounter zones, and race parts? I read on perkus maximus that i can do it. But like, How?

Im a noob at modding. ik there made by the same person.

Now actually I got another question :\ is there a way to remove magicka as a percentage (%) for spell cost, rather than a static amount?

Example: Using the "Power of the One" Lesser Power costs 95% Magicka, instead of like 100-300 magicka. That way the cost will scale with the player's Magicka?

Make it script based rather than changing actor value, and then DamageActorValue by GetActorValuePercentage:

http://www.creationkit.com/GetActorValuePercentage_-_Actor

Hmm are you sure? It doesn't look right for some reason ((or did I mess it up....? should it have been "Player.DamageActorValue playersMagicka 0.95" ?))

EDIT 2: Hmm that still doesn't sound right...

playersMagicka = Game.GetPlayer().GetActorValuePercentage("magicka")
If (playersMagicka < 0.95)
Else
   ; damage player's magicka
   Player.DamageActorValue Magicka 0.95

; Player is already referenced as akActor
; OnEffectStart event
; extends activemagiceffect
; rest of script hidden for permission purposes (rest of script is part of Better Vampires -- with permission to be edited and used / credited to brehanen2) :P
Edited by lordvalinar

So no matter what magic effect you use to adjust stamina rate, the effect lasts forever? Sounds like you have a script running setav or forceav somewhere that is adjusting the player's base stamina based on current effects.

I don't have any script, it's just the magic effect doing that, if I set it to Recover it actually changes my StaminaRate, but lasts forever in exchange, however if I take the Recover flag away, it doesn't change my StaminaRate but the time ticks down and when it should actually expire it doesn't, it just sits there forever.

I'm still lost on whether you're trying to have a positive (foritfy) or negative (damage) StaminaRate :P if it's the latter check out some of the already in place magical effects they might help you:

AlchDamageStamina

AlchDamageStaminaRate

if it's the former:

AlchFortifyStamina

AlchFortifyStaminaRate

-----------------------

You can find them in the CK > Spells > Magic Effects ((sure you already knew that, but just point it out just in case))

So no matter what magic effect you use to adjust stamina rate, the effect lasts forever? Sounds like you have a script running setav or forceav somewhere that is adjusting the player's base stamina based on current effects.

I don't have any script, it's just the magic effect doing that, if I set it to Recover it actually changes my StaminaRate, but lasts forever in exchange, however if I take the Recover flag away, it doesn't change my StaminaRate but the time ticks down and when it should actually expire it doesn't, it just sits there forever.