Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My quick-question. Actor.ClearLookAt has no effect on player, unless I'll perform `SetAnimationVariableInt("IsNPC", 0)`, which doesn't look good. It's known issue?

IIRC a you have to DisablePlayerControls and SetPlayerAI driven first.

Check No Recast. That will make each no cast of the spell replace an older version. Alternatively if you are using peak value modifier you can give it a keyword and select the keyword as parameter 2. This will make it ao that only the largest magnitude effect applies.

My quick-question. Actor.ClearLookAt has no effect on player, unless I'll perform `SetAnimationVariableInt("IsNPC", 0)`, which doesn't look good. It's known issue?

IIRC a you have to DisablePlayerControls and SetPlayerAI driven first.

Eh, that's pretty bad as I hoped to still be able to play the game while looking at various things. Found some weird tricks while looking at other mods:

playerActor.ClearLookAt()
playerActor.SetLookAt(playerActor as ObjectReference, false)
playerActor.ClearLookAt()
[Edit]

No matter how weird it is, it works

Edited by silvericed

@Mattiewag sadly I'm still not getting what you tried to tell me earlier... like I get the "GetActorValuePercentage" function, as it returns a float. That's fine, but how do I damage the player's Magicka by percentage? the only function I found was "DamageActorValue" but that's in terms of actual points..... while accepting flaots too sure. but "Game.GetPlayer().DamageActorValue Magicka <value>" how do I put that in terms of total Magicka %?

damaging 95% of total magicka?

lol first thing popped into my head when you said that was "Awwww maaaaaan. I gotta do MAAAATH!?" xD lol

but alright cool thanks! I think I should be able to work with this! Thanks everyone for the help :D

You will have to do some math.

GetActorValuePercentage = current percent of total.

GetActorValue = current value

(1 / GetActorValuePercent) * GetActorValue = Current max

Current Max * 0.95 = amount to damage magicka by