Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Is there a spell condition that checks if you have a specific active effect? As in if you have this effect the spell will/wont work. To clarify I want to use this effect on a spell Im' making.

http://www.creationkit.com/HasMagicEffect

So I could use this as a cooldown if I were to add this condition to a spell and use a dummy (useless) effect on said spell as the target for the condition ie "player.hasmagiceffect DUMMY"?

Should be able to. But it's a condition so:

HasMagicEffect DUMMY == 1.0 Run On Player

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help Mattiewagg. I have another quick query. What would cause a magic effect to not show up in the effect item list for a spell? I'm looking for "DLC2dunAcolyteMaskFireBoostEnchEffect" its the enchantment on Ahzidal's mask from Dragonborn and it doesn't show up in the effect list for a racial power I'm making.

Edited by Combine99

• 2 weeks later...

In this mod SM Essential Player whenever you 'die' you either bleedout or turn into a ghost.. what's odd is that the player does not start the 'death' animation, is the player set as immortal by this mod? How can I do something with a similar effect?

As soon as the player 'dies' I want to do stuff and still have the user be in the game and not be forced to automatically re-load the latest save.

In this mod SM Essential Player whenever you 'die' you either bleedout or turn into a ghost.. what's odd is that the player does not start the 'death' animation, is the player set as immortal by this mod? How can I do something with a similar effect?

As soon as the player 'dies' I want to do stuff and still have the user be in the game and not be forced to automatically re-load the latest save.

Probably an alias setting them to essential or something.

Hi everybody, this is the first time I write on the forum (and the first "serious" mod I try to create),

I have 3 question,

first: I have a spell, aimed, I want the game add a magic effect to the caster every time the spell is casted (the magic effect is blank, it's only to prevent you from casting the spell); I try the onspellcast event but it doesn't work.

second: there is a way to reduce the stamina using for sprinting?

third: a way to increase the health regeneration proportionally of your missing health

Thanks to anyone answer me.

If you have a forcegreet or blocking topic that doesn't link to anything, AND is marked as goodbye, it won't actually open conversation with the player. It'll just say it outside of conversation, like a hello when you pass by someone. I've tried making an invisible continue to break it into two topics so dialogue is actually opened, but rather than invisible-continuing it'll just give the player the choice of "..." to continue.

I really need this to be a goodbye, but it also would feel a lot less weird and less buggy if it actually opened conversation with the player. Is there a way to make a one-topic goodbye forcegreet/blocking branch open conversation with the player?

If you have a forcegreet or blocking topic that doesn't link to anything, AND is marked as goodbye, it won't actually open conversation with the player. It'll just say it outside of conversation, like a hello when you pass by someone. I've tried making an invisible continue to break it into two topics so dialogue is actually opened, but rather than invisible-continuing it'll just give the player the choice of "..." to continue.

I really need this to be a goodbye, but it also would feel a lot less weird and less buggy if it actually opened conversation with the player. Is there a way to make a one-topic goodbye forcegreet/blocking branch open conversation with the player?

What I did was create two seperate topics, with an invisible continue connecting them, and a forcegreet package to initiate dialogue. Blank dialogues don't seem to work for me, so you might wanna rewrite your dialogue in a way that you can split it into two seperate topics.

This is what the (absolutely amazing) dialogue looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/z92K9H3.png

This is what it looks like:

Edited by Arcky

What I did was create two seperate topics, with an invisible continue connecting them, and a forcegreet package to initiate dialogue. Blank dialogues don't seem to work for me, so you might wanna rewrite your dialogue in a way that you can split it into two seperate topics.

This is what the (absolutely amazing) dialogue looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/z92K9H3.png

This is what it looks like:

Unfortunately, I've already tried that and it doesn't work as it should.

....I've tried making an invisible continue to break it into two topics so dialogue is actually opened, but rather than invisible-continuing it'll just give the player the choice of "..." to continue.

I'll give it another try, though.

I seem to recall the Creation Kit having a shortcut when Navmeshing, that will snap all selected vertexes to the surface, but I can't recall what it was.

Since the CK has frakked up my navmesh (half of it floats above way too much above ground), I kinda really need that shortcut now