Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Hi guys!

I'm trying to duplicate a cell from the Dawnguard DLC so that people who've completed the quest can 'restart' the dungeon.

Everything so far works, except that I'm getting these constant sky blips: http://i.imgur.com/au1bS51.jpg I can walk into them and the next room will appear, but the sky will load again as I further go.

For the most part, this is happening in the large spaces of the dungeon and not when dungeon narrows into small tunnels.

When copying the cell, there was also pop up that said to Please confirm if I wanted to duplicate contents of reference INSERTNUMBERHERE reflected/refracted lists and I clicked both yes and no. Each time, for both copy cells I still got the same thing.

I looked into the vanilla cell and their rooms markers had gaps in between them. Checking with the validating room button it says that they were not coplanar and that their normals were different. Yet for the vanilla cell there were no sky blips. :blink:

Any idea on what Bethesda might have done with their vanilla dungeon to make it work?

I'll delete the room markers and portals manually if I can't find a quick fix, but it's just that the dungeon is so large and twists and turns a lot that it looks daunting. @_@

Edited by sumojellybean

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am having an unusual issue, never had this before and been pulling my hair out. Quest16 wont start from Quest15. All the aliases are ok, and I have in the closing stage of Quest15 the correct code.

Both quests work and start up via console, but Quest15 won't fire Quest16.

IN the final stage we have:

SetObjectiveCompleted(52)

RigmorQuest16.SetStage(0)

RigmorQuest16.SetActive()

Stop()

Every other quest up until now has fired no problem. Anyone else had this issue, and if so, is there something, or some way to fix it?

SetStage will only work to start a quest if the other quest is start game enabled. Do Start() and then SetStage(#) or just Start() and mark the appropriate stage in your quest as "Startup Stage".

Can anybody pls help me , currently looking for people that might be interested in modding , game development and earning a bit of cash on the sides here is my link in the main nexus Forums http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3299550-looking-for-individuals-that-would-want-to-help-make-games-and-mods/

Some connections, comments and a bit more would really be nice, also we are a bit looking for modders that would want to make a really big mod for the upcomming FALLOUT 4 Game, any help would really be appreciated and thanks!

Alright I have a question about Navmesh editing. If I want to edit a vanilla Skyrim cell is there any safe way to edit the navmesh? I know deleting Navmesh is a BIG NO in moddng but can I delete parts of a navmesh to edit it (just not the entire thing). If not how should I go about editing vanilla cells? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Yes you can, there is always a chance someone elses mod has edited the same cell which can cause issues but to stop the CK navmesh "cannot be undeleted" errors you must rename the form of the cell you edited to the original one. Sometimes just editing part of the navmesh is ok, and your edits can live happily alongside the Beth one, or be incorporated into the Beth navmesh. But to fully edit it will effectively delete it causing the errors. and will lead to CTDs when the player steps into that cell and theres no original navmesh. So we must rename our new navmesh to the original one.

This video show you how to clean your esp after a full navmesh editing frenzy.

You will know if there's something wrong because the CK will throw you some errors at startup such as navmesh that cannot be undeleted. keep a note of the cell location ie 33 -10 so you can open the blocks and find the errant navmesh entry.

Edited by Rigmor

Hi guys!

I'm trying to duplicate a cell from the Dawnguard DLC so that people who've completed the quest can 'restart' the dungeon.

Everything so far works, except that I'm getting these constant sky blips: http://i.imgur.com/au1bS51.jpg I can walk into them and the next room will appear, but the sky will load again as I further go.

For the most part, this is happening in the large spaces of the dungeon and not when dungeon narrows into small tunnels.

When copying the cell, there was also pop up that said to Please confirm if I wanted to duplicate contents of reference INSERTNUMBERHERE reflected/refracted lists and I clicked both yes and no. Each time, for both copy cells I still got the same thing.

I looked into the vanilla cell and their rooms markers had gaps in between them. Checking with the validating room button it says that they were not coplanar and that their normals were different. Yet for the vanilla cell there were no sky blips. :blink:

Any idea on what Bethesda might have done with their vanilla dungeon to make it work?

I'll delete the room markers and portals manually if I can't find a quick fix, but it's just that the dungeon is so large and twists and turns a lot that it looks daunting. @_@

delete the portal markers, if that fixes the glitches all good, if not delete the room markers too. its the only way i know.

Hello, I'm trying to get my follower to swap with an NPC after combat stops. My follower is a werewolf, and I figured out how to swap the human npc with a werewolf npc when she goes into bleedout state, and that worked great, but now I'm trying to make a script for the werewolf NPC so that when combat ends, it goes back into its separate cell and places the human NPC back in it's spot. Anyone out there who has an idea?

Thanks,

Solora

Alright thanks Rigmor! I'll have to try that out when I get home today. One more thing; do you know if editing navmesh is the same for custom cells I build? There is no "original navmesh" right so I don't have to be as careful there?

No that absolutely fine, it will generate a new form, you only need to clean up any edited original navmesh when the CK "complains" you got "undeleted navmesh that cannot be undeleted." when you start the CK