Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Which is better to toggle on and off things (such as recipe visibility): a global variable or a perk?

I've seen it done the two different ways (for example Lorecraft uses perks which are toggled by a book activator, and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade uses global variables toggled in an MCM menu.) I'm testing out a toggleable thing as I'm learning to script a bit more, and I've gotten both to work out. I'm just curious if one way is essentially "better" than the other for any reason.

Thanks!

I like global variables but perks allow for other options and additions. I don't think the difference is a big deal.

folks can someone give me an advice to how to make archery more deadly? i try not to use too many mods because i already use some overhauls like ordinator/skytweak.

skytweak does all the work when i need to change some quick values, but unfortunately there is no specific output for archery/bows that i can change.

what am i missing and what is my best alternative?

ps. 2-3 years ago i was using arrows and bolt tweaks but that is so outdated it conflicts with 80% of my mods.

Adjust bow draw and arrow speed.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is better to toggle on and off things (such as recipe visibility): a global variable or a perk?

I've seen it done the two different ways (for example Lorecraft uses perks which are toggled by a book activator, and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade uses global variables toggled in an MCM menu.) I'm testing out a toggleable thing as I'm learning to script a bit more, and I've gotten both to work out. I'm just curious if one way is essentially "better" than the other for any reason.

Thanks!

I like global variables but perks allow for other options and additions. I don't think the difference is a big deal.

folks can someone give me an advice to how to make archery more deadly? i try not to use too many mods because i already use some overhauls like ordinator/skytweak.

skytweak does all the work when i need to change some quick values, but unfortunately there is no specific output for archery/bows that i can change.

ps. 2-3 years ago i was using arrows and bolt tweaks but that is so outdated it conflicts with 80% of my mods.

in skytweak?

by deadly i meant significantly hitting, not legolas'ing or hawkeye'ing :D

i turned on arrow script in skytweak, everyshot costs 5 and i want to increase damage.

Thanks!

in skytweak?

by deadly i meant significantly hitting, not legolas'ing or hawkeye'ing :D

i turned on arrow script in skytweak, everyshot costs 5 and i want to increase damage.

I meant in the CK. If all you want is damage then increase the damage or adjust the archery tree values. Maybe try the request section or detective thread if you don't want to do that.

does anyone know if skyrim crashes when running with unlimited carry weight? player.modav carryweight 20000 and running around with 10k weight crashes my game even with skse memory & enboost. is this a thing or im imagining things?

CTD has been known to happen when transferring large quantities of items from containers to the player inventory. As a result, it very well could be a thing. All those items having to load up every time you access inventory, a container or a store can put a drain on your resources.

Which event checks when the player leaves a cell and enters a new one from within an object reference? As in the object reference checks whether the player has left the cell and then a clean up occurs.

I tried this:

Event OnInIt()

RegisterForUpdate(1) ;RegisterForSingleUpdate(1) doesn't seem to be working

EndEvent

Event OnUpdate()
;Irrelevant
;RegisterForSingleUpdate(1)
EndEvent

Event OnLocationChange(Location akOldLoc, Location akNewLoc)

If PlayerRef.GetCurrentLocation() == akOldLoc ;tried akOldLoc as well
		UnRegisterForUpdate() 
		Self.Delete()
	EndIf

EndEvent

Thanks mate, I was told they don't work if the player is in the cell when the object is created.

Edit: Under an activator that I want the player to be able to..activate, which option is for general use? My script has an activate where I do what I want.

Looks like the problem is the nif itself. Never mind.

Edited by Elias555

SetGameSettingInt is an SKSE function. Ensure that you are starting the game with SKSE else it will fail to set and GetGameSettingInt will return the default value.

Could also be that not enough time has passed for the engine to properly set the value before you call to obtain the updated value. To test, try adding a Utility.Wait(0.25) and increase the time as needed till you get the correct return (if at all).