Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Hello so recently I began fiddling with the ck and I'm interested in maybe if you could help me or point me to the proper links to find the information in making a scripted spell that sets people's relations to friend recruit-able ally and able to be married much like many bat files do. As well I was going to try to make a reverse of this so you can cast a non-hostile spell on people to set them as an archenemy and have them attack you in town so that they can be killed without any fines. Just to fiddle with and all. I looked around and can't seem to find a mod to just simply cast a lesser power to do this most recruit them instantly through alternate means or don't set the friend flags which I wish to have set on them without recruiting them instantly.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"End to end clothing test complete"

Anyone know what mod this notification is from? I tried disabling all the recently installed mods but it's still coming up and I've never seen it before. I'm starting to think it's from something I uninstalled.

No idea.

You can rule a mod by doing the following:

Checking message records

Load the plugin in xEdit

Check for a Messages section (MESG)

Look at the Description (DESC) for each message.

Checking filled properties

Run the xEdit script "Skyrim - List used scripts"

Check the results file

Look at each record with an attached script (if more than one record for a script, only look at one unless there is a 'String' or 'Array of String' type property)

See if there are any properties with the "String" or "Array of String" types

Look at the filled value

Checking hard coded script strings

Extract the PEX \ PSC files from the BSA if necessary

Decompile the PEX files into semi-PSC files with Champollion if necessary

Scan each PSC for the exact string

Checking translation file strings

See if the mod has an English language file in the Data > Interface > Translations directory

Scan that file for the exact string

If you don't find a match, the message is not coming from that mod.

"End to end clothing test complete"

Anyone know what mod this notification is from? I tried disabling all the recently installed mods but it's still coming up and I've never seen it before. I'm starting to think it's from something I uninstalled.

No idea.

You can rule a mod by doing the following:

Checking message records

Load the plugin in xEdit

Check for a Messages section (MESG)

Look at the Description (DESC) for each message.

Checking filled properties

Run the xEdit script "Skyrim - List used scripts"

Check the results file

Look at each record with an attached script (if more than one record for a script, only look at one unless there is a 'String' or 'Array of String' type property)

See if there are any properties with the "String" or "Array of String" types

Look at the filled value

Checking hard coded script strings

Extract the PEX \ PSC files from the BSA if necessary

Decompile the PEX files into semi-PSC files with Champollion if necessary

Scan each PSC for the exact string

Checking translation file strings

See if the mod has an English language file in the Data > Interface > Translations directory

Scan that file for the exact string

If you don't find a match, the message is not coming from that mod.

Thanks for all those methods. xEdit doesn't seem to work for me any more, everytime I try to load something that isn't from bethesda it locks up. As fun as it would be to go through 820 scripts, can't say the problem matches the work needed. Nothing in the translation files of anything recently installed. Not a big deal, I just hope someone recognizes it so I can see what it wants me to do since the message keeps repeating itself.

Is there a way to force a recipe to be put in Misc category in cookpot?

Recipes are sorted based on keywords, so as long as whatever you are creating doesn't have any of the keywords for that crafting station's categories, it should sort into the misc category.

Is there a way to force a recipe to be put in Misc category in cookpot?

Not to my knowledge.

However, you could create a custom MISC category. Albeit there are only two available custom slots which can lead to conflict should there be any other mods which use one or both.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Customizing_Crafting_Categories

Before making a topic I decided to ask here, is it possible to add lods for custom(modded) buildings? I hate how it's immersion breaking - many grandiose and worthy castles on the nexus just appear out of thin air when you're in close proximity of them, When I expect them to be visible from the far away, for example like you can see High Hrothgar practically from anywhere in Skyrim.

And, if it is indeed possible, is there any easy way to do it? Or maybe you can suggest nice castles that have this feature built-in(not too fancy though, I'm a fan of abandoned old creepy cobweb castles vs those 90% of castle mods with shiny things and polished looks and nude gals u have on nexus)\

Thanks in advance!