Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

@LadyCrystyna

The following works with the image you provided:

uncompressed DDS with script code LoadCustomContent("NameOfFile.dds")

uncompressed DDS with script code LoadCustomContent("SomeDirectory/NameOfFile.dds")

If neither one of those works for you, please check your MCM menu on a new game. You can enter the console and COC QASMOKE to get to a testing cell. The reason I state this is that the MCM menu system does not update scripts after they have been loaded unless you are using the appropriate version checking functions/events.

Ok, ty I'll try that even though the current testing save doesn't have any of my mods installed. As far as Version checking, is that version checking of my mod or SkyUI?

Edited by LadyCrystyna

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LadyCrystyna

uncompressed DDS with script code LoadCustomContent("SomeDirectory/NameOfFile.dds")

If neither one of those works for you, please check your MCM menu on a new game. You can enter the console and COC QASMOKE to get to a testing cell. The reason I state this is that the MCM menu system does not update scripts after they have been loaded unless you are using the appropriate version checking functions/events.

Ok, ty I'll try that even though the current testing save doesn't have any of my mods installed. As far as Version checking, is that version checking of my mod or SkyUI?

Version checking specifically for your MCM script using MCM specific functions/events.

An example:

Int function GetVersion()
    return 1 ; Default version  <-- update this number when you update your MCM script
endFunction

Event OnVersionUpdate(int version) 
    If version > 1 
        OnConfigInit()
    EndIf
EndEvent
;depending upon how you change your script through the life of your mod, 
;you may need to use multiple if statements to ensure that changes are done
;in the correct order on the outside chance that a user updates from a very old version

@LadyCrystyna

Version checking specifically for your MCM script using MCM specific functions/events.

An example:

Int function GetVersion()
    return 1 ; Default version  <-- update this number when you update your MCM script
endFunction

Event OnVersionUpdate(int version) 
    If version > 1 
        OnConfigInit()
    EndIf
EndEvent
;depending upon how you change your script through the life of your mod, 
;you may need to use multiple if statements to ensure that changes are done
;in the correct order on the outside chance that a user updates from a very old version

Awesome thank you so very much, it works now. :)

New question, I get if statements and whatnot but what about or statements how do those work if they can be used. And if they can be used how would I use it in a script?

Example: not exact scripting but should give you the idea.

If Alternatives = 1

or Costless = 1

option enable

else

option disable

endif

Edited by LadyCrystyna

New question, I get if statements and whatnot but what about or statements how do those work if they can be used. And if they can be used how would I use it in a script?

If Alternatives = 1

or Costless = 1

option enable

else

option disable

endif

Two of the vertical lines (shift + \) are an OR. You use it in your IF statements.

If X == 1 || Y == 1

If Alternatives = 1

or Costless = 1

option enable

else

option disable

endif

Two of the vertical lines (shift + \) are an OR. You use it in your IF statements.

If X == 1 || Y == 1

Ok thank you very much :)