Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep getting script is missing, when I've packed them up perfectly. Have not been using CK to package either. I've tried BSAopt, and Archive.exe still no dice.

Have you tried this? Create a new folder on your desktop, and name it data. Place copies of all your mods files in that folder, making sure you have named them all correctly. Open Archive.exe and change the root directory to the new folder you just created. After all your boxes are checked, just drag the folder from the desktop into the Archive.exe window, (make sure Recurse Direc and all should populate correctly. Save it as your mod name. Open the archive with whatever you use to open BSA files, I use FallOutModManager but you can use BSAOpt and check for all your files.

I have done this several times without issue.

I'm making a DLC MCM version of my mod however I would like to make it available to use with Vanilla Skryim without glitching the recipes I added. Is there a way to do that?

If your recipes are using DLC items, traditionally the answer would be no the DLC is a hard requirement because of that. However, SKSE has added numerous functions to the ConstructibleObject script. With them you could have your recipes use stock/vanilla items and swap them out for the DLC items if the DLC is present. You can also include a condition that a global variable be at a certain value in order for the recipes to display. If the DLC is present, set the global. Otherwise leave the global at a non-matching value and those without the DLC won't even see the recipes.

I'm taking a look in more depth into using something like this, I've started the script but I get a ton of errors when trying to compile. Is it possible to get an example of what item swap would look like to give me a base reference please?

Edited by LadyCrystyna

I'm making a DLC MCM version of my mod however I would like to make it available to use with Vanilla Skryim without glitching the recipes I added. Is there a way to do that?

If your recipes are using DLC items, traditionally the answer would be no the DLC is a hard requirement because of that. However, SKSE has added numerous functions to the ConstructibleObject script. With them you could have your recipes use stock/vanilla items and swap them out for the DLC items if the DLC is present. You can also include a condition that a global variable be at a certain value in order for the recipes to display. If the DLC is present, set the global. Otherwise leave the global at a non-matching value and those without the DLC won't even see the recipes.

I'm taking a look in more depth into using something like this, I've started the script but I get a ton of errors when trying to compile. Is it possible to get an example of what item swap would look like to give me a base reference please?

This is my best guess as I haven't actually swapped items before on recipes via script.

ConstructibleObject Property MyRecipe Auto
MiscObject Property MyPlaceHolderIngredient Auto
Form MyDLCIngredient

;some event

If GetModByName("SomeDLC.esm") != 255
	MyDLCIngredient = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00123456,"SomeDLC.esm")
EndIf

Int NumIng = MyRecipe.GetNumIngredients()
While NumIng >= 0
	If MyRecipe.GetNthIngredient(NumIng) == MyPlaceHolderIngredient
		MyRecipe.SetNthIngredient(MyDLCIngredient,NumIng)
	EndIf
	NumIng -= 1
EndWhile

;end some event 

Doing my first substantial terrain edit to the Tamriel Worldspace and when sculpting a bit into the side of a mountain I ran into this "layer" of landscape that the push/pull tool doesn't effect. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to negotiate the editing of it?

Edit: I should specify that I'm pretty darn sure it's not a mountain face. It doesn't appear to be selectable from any angle, even when I move all of my added elements away from it.

http://i.imgur.com/IPDO2wL.jpg

Pic shows it in CK and in-game.

New CK for SSE. All vanilla assets so far.

Edit2: Even just telling me what it is called would help me google it further. Thanks.

Edited by modcap

This is my best guess as I haven't actually swapped items before on recipes via script.

ConstructibleObject Property MyRecipe Auto
MiscObject Property MyPlaceHolderIngredient Auto
Form MyDLCIngredient

;some event

If GetModByName("SomeDLC.esm") != 255
	MyDLCIngredient = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00123456,"SomeDLC.esm")
EndIf

Int NumIng = MyRecipe.GetNumIngredients()
While NumIng >= 0
	If MyRecipe.GetNthIngredient(NumIng) == MyPlaceHolderIngredient
		MyRecipe.SetNthIngredient(MyDLCIngredient,NumIng)
	EndIf
	NumIng -= 1
EndWhile

;end some event 

Would this be the same if the DLC ingredient is the constructible object and not the required to make the item?

For Instance, the constructed object would be 1 Ancestor Moth Wing but would require gold to craft it.

Script I came up with but I still get an error pertaining to this line.

Function DawnguardCompatibility()
If LCCADLCDawnguard.getValue() == 0
ConstructibleObject CurrentRecipe = LCCA_DGIngredientRecipesFlist.GetSize()
CurrentRecipe.SetResult("DragonflyBlue")
ElseIf LCCADLCDawnguard.getValue() == 1
LCCA_DGIngredientsFList.AddForm(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x020059BA, "Dawnguard.esm")) ;Ancestor Moth Wing
DG_RecipeIngredientAncestorMothWing.SetResult("DLC01MothWingAncestor")
EndIf
EndFunction

Edited by LadyCrystyna