Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Can anyone please direct me towards an in-depth tutorial for race creation (including the handling of meshes)?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm working on a new beast race, but I can't for the life of me get the custom head mesh to work without resulting in a triangle chaos. I can handle 3D modeling and working with the Creation Kit, but NifSkope is confusing and I couldn't find any tutorial that wasn't horribly outdated or incomplete.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I discovered what made my chikins run wild xD It appears that the navmesh in their location was craaaazy. Well now they just walk around in one place and it's all cool. So the last remaining (I hope) issue/questions:

1. I put 2 foxes in the navmeshed house, it's all basically 1 navmesh connected. But the foxes only walk in small areas. Does that I mean I did it wrong? Or is it default behavior?

2. I installed "Alternate Start" mod as basically the only thing running right now for testing. And there's a follower in one of the paths. I wanted to test my navmesh using him, but he won't enter my house. Why is that? And how to deal with it?

3. Is it enough if I clean the mod with TES edit or should I do something else to make sure it doesn't bug anything for me? It's just a house, no scripts, no NPCs (aside of generic animals) etc.

As for the house in house issue, it's gone. I don't know what caused it or how I removed it, I kinda just reloaded stuff and then some other stuff and some more stuff and it just disappeared one load. Oh well :p

I don't mean to sound rude, but what sparked the modding community's recent focus on retextures, female body replacements and armor, and overhauls?

This probably would be better in a thread of its own since it's less of a quick question and more of a debate-starter.

Ha, I discovered what made my chikins run wild xD It appears that the navmesh in their location was craaaazy. Well now they just walk around in one place and it's all cool. So the last remaining (I hope) issue/questions:

1. I put 2 foxes in the navmeshed house, it's all basically 1 navmesh connected. But the foxes only walk in small areas. Does that I mean I did it wrong? Or is it default behavior?

2. I installed "Alternate Start" mod as basically the only thing running right now for testing. And there's a follower in one of the paths. I wanted to test my navmesh using him, but he won't enter my house. Why is that? And how to deal with it?

3. Is it enough if I clean the mod with TES edit or should I do something else to make sure it doesn't bug anything for me? It's just a house, no scripts, no NPCs (aside of generic animals) etc.

As for the house in house issue, it's gone. I don't know what caused it or how I removed it, I kinda just reloaded stuff and then some other stuff and some more stuff and it just disappeared one load. Oh well :p

2. Make sure to finalize your navmesh in the house.

Quick question!

I'm pretty new to mod creating in Skyrim (I did a little in Oblivion though)

I'm having trouble finding how to make spells work based on percentages.

For example, what I am trying to do here is have health damaged by 10% per second while restoring magicka and stamina in percentages

-I think I could figure out how to put the spell together just fine, I just can't seem to figure out how to do percentages, which seems like it is easier said than done, or atleast it should be easier done....

In addition, basically on the same line of things here, I was also trying to get some sort of life-steal going, this I don't know how to do. But I would like to put in %percentage% of life steal per hit.

(Like...in the old days of Oblivion that should just be "Absorb Health on contact" but, I can't seem to figure that one out here in Skyrim. ALSO, I suppose I should mention the life steal thing I kind of want it to globally effect the player, so all weapons and spells are now fortified with life steal, which I would assume would be an "ability" spell, but again, this comes down to: how?

Your help is appreciated!

As for the house in house issue, it's gone. I don't know what caused it or how I removed it, I kinda just reloaded stuff and then some other stuff and some more stuff and it just disappeared one load. Oh well :tongue:

2. Make sure to finalize your navmesh in the house.

No clue why, but it actually worked xD Though he seems a bit confused about my inside navmesh. Won't follow me down the stairs, only "follows" me walking above me. Silly guy. I guess it won't matter if AFT followers relaxing will just have them do whatever.

Use the Absorb Health magic effect, and set its magnitude to whatever you prefer through a custom spell/ enchantment.

Thanks for the (surprisingly) quick response!

However this still doesn't explain how to make spell effects work in percentages instead of defined numbers.

**also, again, fairly new to modding scene for Skyrim so just a hair more detail is always appreciated :)