Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Any quick way to find which mods use scripts? My load order is getting pretty cluttered and I'm trying to improve performance, so I figure the easiest way to deal with both issues to try and trim specifically mods that use scripts.

Just a quick note about this. Unlike Oblivion, Skyrim does not execute scripts once per frame. Instead, a small amount of processing bandwidth is set aside for scripts. Scripts take a ticket, get a small amount of prpcessing time, and then they are put on pause while other scripts run until their ticket gets called again.

The long and short of it is that removing mods with scripts will help if you are specirically having an issue of scripts taking too long to run. If you are FPS or other perfomance issues like stuttering, crashing, or long loaring times then scripts are not the culprit.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.

I'm trying to get a skyrim character into UE4, but I'm having issues adding the textures to the character correctly. http://i.imgur.com/OT5tl2K.jpg

As you can see the normals are causing some pretty horrible seams, and it seems to be the same with all body mods and textures. There are two textures in the file but they are supposed to be blended somehow but I don't know what type of blend they use...any help ?!

I've noticed that when I created a scene with a travel package, the NPC walks to the location,

but when he gets there slowboats back to the starting point.
Is this normal ?
Also, when adding another package to the scene often the first travel package no longer works at all.

Any suggestions ?

I've noticed that when I created a scene with a travel package, the NPC walks to the location,

but when he gets there slowboats back to the starting point.

Is this normal ?

Also, when adding another package to the scene often the first travel package no longer works at all.

Any suggestions ?

Your travel package should span as many phases as you want your NPC to stay in that location. See the CK Wiki tutorial on this.

Today in NMM I accidentally deleted a mod without deactivating it first. I usually always deactivate the mod first, then I delete it from the NMM list

Is the mod actually gone, deactivated and deleted, or did I just delete the mod from my NMM list?

Deactivated and deleted.

Awight, this is bugging me. I've got an NPC set up to walk over to a container and activate it. This works fine and throws an OnActivated event for the container, as expected.

However, I also want the container to visually open, as it would if the PC were to activate it. SetOpen isn't doing it. I have an OnOpen event set up to try and trace things as well as a GetOpenState function. The event doesn't fire and GetOpenState returns 3... and of course the container's opening animation doesn't play.

Help?

Awight, this is bugging me. I've got an NPC set up to walk over to a container and activate it. This works fine and throws an OnActivated event for the container, as expected.

However, I also want the container to visually open, as it would if the PC were to activate it. SetOpen isn't doing it. I have an OnOpen event set up to try and trace things as well as a GetOpenState function. The event doesn't fire and GetOpenState returns 3... and of course the container's opening animation doesn't play.

Help?

PlayAnimation should work correctly. Not sure if it will cause the OnOpen event to play properly.

PlayAnimation should work correctly. Not sure if it will cause the OnOpen event to play properly.

Is there a list of valid strings out there somewhere? Or a way for me to find them in the CK?

EDIT: I was wrong, give me a second to find the correct event.

EDIT 2: Take a look at this.

EDIT 3: Or maybe this.

Edited by Matthiaswagg