Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way, at run time, to find out what aliases an object has attached to them?

Not sure. With an object attacehd to the alias, or if an object has an alias pointing to it?

The latter. I could iterate through all the aliases of all the quests I'm interested in, but that's an awfully clunky solution and I was hoping there was an easier one. There's an SKSE function listed on the Creation Kit wiki, but it doesn't actually exist (I checked the .psc).

Is there any way, at run time, to find out what aliases an object has attached to them?

Not sure. With an object attacehd to the alias, or if an object has an alias pointing to it?

The latter. I could iterate through all the aliases of all the quests I'm interested in, but that's an awfully clunky solution and I was hoping there was an easier one. There's an SKSE function listed on the Creation Kit wiki, but it doesn't actually exist (I checked the .psc).

I know of GetNumReferenceAliases and GetNthReferenceAlias but no others.

::Need Help::

Character's voice is not working correctly with the lip syncing.

He goes quiet and stops before the sound file is even over.

Any help?

Try regening the lip file and making sure the sound file is proper.

Regen your seq file, make sure you're using a new game, and give it some time to start.

I know of GetNumReferenceAliases and GetNthReferenceAlias but no others.

Those are the SKSE functions I was referring to. Trying to use them gave me "function not found errors", and when I checked in the ObjectReference .psc there were no definitions for them there. ???

I could swear I've seen a tutorial for this somewhere, but I can't find it, and I'm on the brink of going crazy.

I want to convert an already existing female hairstyle to male. Anything that points to the right direction is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Alrighty I have a new one :D

I would like to make a script attached to a simple kettle.
I would like to be able to click it when in my inventory, which launches the script.
The idea is to allow me to fill it with snow, take the full kettle to a fire and melt the water in order to drink it. Those are details, but I would like to know how to make an object that can be clicked on the launch a script.

Alrighty I have a new one :D

I would like to make a script attached to a simple kettle.

I would like to be able to click it when in my inventory, which launches the script.

The idea is to allow me to fill it with snow, take the full kettle to a fire and melt the water in order to drink it. Those are details, but I would like to know how to make an object that can be clicked on the launch a script.

Add a script to your kettle/kettle alias. Use the OnEquipped event (found on the CK Wiki). Anything you want initiated after clicking that kettle will be in that OnEquipped event.