Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would one go about creating a new creature in the Creation Kit?

Well I personally have not studied this part at all. But you could look at some NPC creation guides. It's a lot of work ofcourse and if you want to make things easier of course you can use in-game things to help making it. But overall I think firstly you need your model of your creature, for example a cat and then you'd texture it by using UV mapping. Both of these things don't require Creation Kit at all, isntead some 3D tools and maybe Mudbox. (Cinema4D is not optimal as you can't create a decent skeleton for your creature)

But for the sceleton you can maybe use skyrim skeletons, for example maybe the wolf skeleton works for your cat.

another simple way is maybe use an existing crearue and just re-texture it to your liking, but the model itself will restrict you a lot.

Edited by SebastianJSL

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a good idea if this thread were added to the sticky list. Might want to ask the moderators about that, Matthiaswagg.

@Keberus14

I think that is hard-coded. I've not been able to find it either.

I may indeed, Ishara.

And I believe it is. You could look into the Flash code. However I'm not really sure where the message box itself is stored.