Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.carlsguides.com/walkthroughs/skyrim/pictures/levelup.gif

Where can I find this messagebox in creation kit? I want to edit it or remove it altogether.

It's not in the Creation Kit. It's a separate file in the UI folder. Removing it is on my to-do list as well so if I get to it before you I'll share my method with you.

My plan is to simply edit it to say "You have gained a new level." with an OK button. I would not recommend removing it completely because you would cause mods that use the skse function to register for this menu to fail.

Edited by lofgren

Where can I find this messagebox in creation kit? I want to edit it or remove it altogether.

It's not in the Creation Kit. It's a separate file in the UI folder. Removing it is on my to-do list as well so if I get to it before you I'll share my method with you.

My plan is to simply edit it to say "You have gained a new level." with an OK button. I would not recommend removing it completely because you would cause mods that use the skse function to register for this menu to fail.

Would that be for use with Smooth Attribute Scaling? If so, it would be great. I found that your mod coupled with Automatic Perks ASAP makes for a hands free leveling experience aside from having to enter the level up screen and click through that menu. It is the closest one can get (as far as I know) to learning through use as opposed to arbitrary selection.

Would that be for use with Smooth Attribute Scaling? If so, it would be great. I found that your mod coupled with Automatic Perks ASAP makes for a hands free leveling experience aside from having to enter the level up screen and click through that menu. It is the closest one can get (as far as I know) to learning through use as opposed to arbitrary selection.

Yes.

I just want to replace the levelup box with a simple message saying "You have leveled up!" and an option to press "OK" in the box, because I have replaced the leveling system with athletics system. You gain stats by using your stats and levels are only used to scale your stat gains.

Well, I want to release the athletics mod but I wanted to do this before that, feels a bit unfinished.. there is a lazy workaround but that doesn't clasifiy it as finished..(Setting the stat gains to 0, so you get 0 stats if you press any of the buttons in the box..)

The Uncapper can do that. Simply provide an Uncapper INI file that is designed for use with your mod and of course require that the Uncapper be used to get the full extent of your mod. If you want to see it, my current INI file for the Uncapper is set to not provide any value to those stats.

What are you talking about? I edited it from the game settings, you get 0 stats from pressing any of those buttons. Lol.

I just want to edit the messages in the box.

The Uncapper can do that. Simply provide an Uncapper INI file that is designed for use with your mod and of course require that the Uncapper be used to get the full extent of your mod. If you want to see it, my current INI file for the Uncapper is set to not provide any value to those stats.

What are you talking about? I edited it from the game settings, you get 0 stats from pressing any of those buttons. Lol.

I just want to edit the messages in the box.

I know you want to edit the message. That part is hard coded as far as we know. But you also stated that your mod wasn't "finished" because you also wanted to set the stats to 0. At least that is how I read the sentence.

I don't have the tools to edit those nor the knowledge. Might as well be hard coded. I didn't know there were game settings for the stat gains. I knew the uncapper dealt with it. Because the uncapper dealt with it, I thought there was not a game setting for it. The intent (as far as I know) of the uncapper is to make available changes to game variables that cannot be changed within the CK.

Anyway, the point is moot. I misunderstood what Keberus14 wrote.