Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how to correctly use GetDistance()? I am trying to get the distance between the player and another actor. They're standing right next to one another. I've tried the following iterations:

Game.GetPlayer().GetDistance(ActorB as Actor)

Game.GetPlayer().GetDistance(ActorB as ObjectReference)

PlayerRef.GetDistance(ActorB)

etc.

The "distance" which gets returned is always: 340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000

Not very useful if that's supposed to be how many "units" apart they're supposedly standing. More like how many Planck lengths.

Anyone know how to correctly use GetDistance()? I am trying to get the distance between the player and another actor. They're standing right next to one another. I've tried the following iterations:

etc.

The "distance" which gets returned is always: 340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000

Not very useful if that's supposed to be how many "units" apart they're supposedly standing. More like how many Planck lengths.

etc.

If it helps at all, this is what the units are:

http://www.creationkit.com/Unit

The exact script would be appreciated.

Okay. Looking for what conditions I might try setting in a Magic Effect in order to help ensure it only lands on humanoid actors. Somewhat surprisingly, out of all the conditions available, a "humanoid" or equivalent condition is not apparent.

http://www.creationkit.com/Equip_Type

How can I check in Papyrus the equip type for a weapon or spell that I have equipped?

Are you wanting to know which hand a specific weapon or spell can be equipped with?

OR

Are you wanting to know what is equipped in a specific hand?

For the first, SKSE has GetEquipType() on the Weapon Script as well as on the Spell Script. There is no documentation on this function on the wiki so I have no idea how to use it.

For the second, there is GetEquippedItemType().