Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Trying to make statics move; they're not moving. Think they need the moveable keyword, but I don't know how to give it to them. My scripts are all steup using the <ObjectRef>.TranslatetoRef() function but don't work and am currently assuming the keyword is the issue. Anyone know what's going on or how to add these keywords to statics? Trying to avoid having to create an activator because the meshes I'm trying to move have dynamic materials on them.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It worked, thanks. :D

This script works with concentrated spells.

Scriptname BloodMagic extends activemagiceffect

Actor Target

Float Damage

Keyword Property Concentrated auto

Event OnEffectStart(actor ActorTarget, actor ActorCarget)

Target = ActorTarget

EndEvent

Event OnSpellCast(Form s)

if s.HasKeyword(Concentrated)==0

Damage = (s as Spell).getMagickaCost()/2

Target.DamageActorValue("health", Damage)

endif

if s.HasKeyword(Concentrated)==1

Target.DamageActorValue("Health",Damage)

Damage = (s as Spell).getMagickaCost()

isConcentrated()

endif

EndEvent

Function isConcentrated()

RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0)

EndFunction

Function InterruptCast() native

Event OnUpdate()

Target.DamageActorValue("Health",Damage)

Target.interruptcast()

EndEvent

This next script which changed only three "ActorValueName" is identical, it doesn't work with concentrated spells, why?

Scriptname EnduranceMagic extends activemagiceffect

Actor Target

Float Damage

Keyword Property Concentrated auto

Event OnEffectStart(actor ActorTarget, actor ActorCarget)

Target = ActorTarget

EndEvent

Event OnSpellCast(Form s)

if s.HasKeyword(Concentrated)==0

Damage = (s as Spell).getMagickaCost()/100*150

Target.DamageActorValue("Stamina", Damage)

endif

if s.HasKeyword(Concentrated)==1

Target.DamageActorValue("Stamina",Damage)

Damage = (s as Spell).getMagickaCost()/100*150

isConcentrated()

endif

EndEvent

Function isConcentrated()

RegisterForSingleUpdate(1.0)

EndFunction

Function InterruptCast() native

Event OnUpdate()

Target.DamageActorValue("Stamina",Damage)

Target.interruptcast()

EndEvent

Blood Magic has a perk that modifies all Spell Costs to 0.

Endurance Magic has the same perk.

Concentration keyword has been added to all Concentration Spells to make sure they are identified properly.

Erm, you're first script seems to have a few issues.

Firstly, why did you declare InterruptCast? It's a native function and shouldn't be declared because you can already access it, just like Kill or DamageAV any other function.

Secondly, you seemed to call DamageAV("health", damage) before you even said what damage would equal in the second if. This means that if it is a concentration spell, then damage will be undefined. You then declared damage afterwards and damaged the player's health AGAIN. You could just do GetMagickaCost x 2 rather than calling it twice, as long as you define damage first.

The initial DamageAV in the second if does not seem necessary at all because you don't define damage. It may work sometimes, if you've cast a non concentration spell before it. Else damage will not exist or vary.

Secondly, you could use If and Else for your Ifs since it will either be or not be concentration. There's no need to check both Ifs when only one can be true.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Trying to make statics move; they're not moving. Think they need the moveable keyword, but I don't know how to give it to them. My scripts are all steup using the <ObjectRef>.TranslatetoRef() function but don't work and am currently assuming the keyword is the issue. Anyone know what's going on or how to add these keywords to statics? Trying to avoid having to create an activator because the meshes I'm trying to move have dynamic materials on them.

I've never used TranslateToRef. I'm assuming if you're using it they must slide and MoveTo is not an option?

And if they're like normal keywords, just find the item, right click in the Keyword area and Add a new keyword from the list. If they're some other sort of keyword, I'm afraid I have no idea.

I've never used TranslateToRef. I'm assuming if you're using it they must slide and MoveTo is not an option?

And if they're like normal keywords, just find the item, right click in the Keyword area and Add a new keyword from the list. If they're some other sort of keyword, I'm afraid I have no idea.

Don't see a keyword field anywhere except the ones under LinkedRef and LinkedFrom which are keywords used to identify LinkRefs. Don't see any keyword field you talk about, either on the specific reference or on its base object.

Don't see a keyword field anywhere except the ones under LinkedRef and LinkedFrom which are keywords used to identify LinkRefs. Don't see any keyword field you talk about, either on the specific reference or on its base object.

Guessing they'res noone on at the moment who has an answer for me. Still looking for feedback whenever someone has some ideas. I'll check back periodically.

I want permission from Bethesda to post a mod straight-forwardly named: "Fallout 3 Jericho Additional Player Voice for Skyrim"

Anyone know a good avenue through which to do this? OR can anyone with Nexus definitively tell me it's ok (doubting it right now)?

Basically the mod is just a bunch of very short wavs extracted from Fallout 3 bsa's for use with Additional Player Voice for Skyrim

I want permission from Bethesda to post a mod straight-forwardly named: "Fallout 3 Jericho Additional Player Voice for Skyrim"

Anyone know a good avenue through which to do this? OR can anyone with Nexus definitively tell me it's ok (doubting it right now)?

Basically the mod is just a bunch of very short wavs extracted from Fallout 3 bsa's for use with Additional Player Voice for Skyrim

No, it's not okay. And doing it on a different site won't make it any more legal.

You cannot use assets from a different game and release them in Skyrim. You can use the mod yourself but you cannot upload it.

No, it's not okay. And doing it on a different site won't make it any more legal.

You cannot use assets from a different game and release them in Skyrim. You can use the mod yourself but you cannot upload it.

So I take it Bethesda would never approve such a mod to be distributed freely? Just curious - does anybody get permission for anything similar, ever?

So I take it Bethesda would never approve such a mod to be distributed freely? Just curious - does anybody get permission for anything similar, ever?

Beth rarely speaks directly to us modders. Occasionally people are featured on BethBlog, but I've never heard of such a permissions case.