• Markarth
    • Morthal
    • Raven Rock
    • Riften
    • Solitude
    • Whiterun
    • Windhelm
    • Winterhold

Whiterun's got the only Jarl who I'd trust with the safety of my home, my wife, my children and shittons of Daedric artefacts.

QFT. +1 for Whiterun here too. It just feels like home.

We should do a poll for least favorite too *cough* Markarth *cough* :-p

That cesspool of daedra worship, violence and corruption. If there ever was a city that could use a good oldschool nuking, it'd be Markarth.

Edit: forgot the Thalmor strolling around which I am not allowed to slaughter and feed to the cannibals :(

Edited by notmyhome

Whiterun's got the only Jarl who I'd trust with the safety of my home, my wife, my children and shittons of Daedric artefacts.

That cesspool of daedra worship, violence and corruption. If there ever was a city that could use a good oldschool nuking, it'd be Markarth.

Edit: forgot the Thalmor strolling around which I am not allowed to slaughter and feed to the cannibals :sad:

I was mainly thinking of all the winding stairways and narrow walk ways. #fatlazydragonborn :)

Edit: forgot the Thalmor strolling around which I am not allowed to slaughter and feed to the cannibals :sad:

Markarth is the only city I really ever get a bounty in. I do the quests I NEED to do, and then I spend a lot of time being a sneaky sniper and shooting people. especially those Thalmor!

I'd say Whiterun as of now. Solitude sure has an outstanding core in terms of landscape structure but I believe it needs a total overhaul, not putting more foliage around but completely re-design it.

It's still is a beautiful looking city but just doesn't hit the spot for me. Whiterun really gives a nice atmospheric feeling and a real nordic / medieval structure.

Not sure if any of this made sense. To put it short, Whiterun is very nice, has nice atmosphere. Solitude has nice looks, but I think lacks in design regarding housing etc.

I like the look of solitude the best, Whiterun feels most as home and Riverwood is just very lively and in the middle of nature. I voted Whiterun because with my mod setup it's beautiful, has trees and lots of npcs and additions to make it lively and look amazing, it's central location in the world is also ideal.

Edited by Valkasha

Whiterun is really the easy choice. You have to spend a good chunk of time there and it has everything you need. A lot of cool quests here and there also along with the Companions, 2 forges a player home, alchemy shop, etc. A lot of mods also set up stuff in Whiterun

I like Morthal. Because it's gloomy and because I like the swamp area around it. True, it doesn't differ much from other outside cities but I still think it has an unique feeling to it.

Markarth is easily the most visually appealing to me, but it's honestly my least favourite from a gameplay perspective. Every scrap of story it has feels so... forced. Even for Skyrim. My favourite from a story perspective is Riften. I've created entire story archs in my head around the corruption in Riften that I expect I'll write down one day in some form or another despite my general moratorium on fan-fiction.