MW Source - Poll 1

Dark0ne

Should the MW Source skin (THE SITE SKIN, NOT FORUMS) be changed to a darker style?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the MW Source skin (THE SITE SKIN, NOT FORUMS) be changed to a darker style?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't bother me either way

Meh? :blink:

I stated a personal preference for the dark, sinister and gothic. Pale blue and white ranks pretty highly amongst my least favourite colour schemes - it's right up there with pink. :P

*waves eyeliner threateningly*

And personally, I'm not concerned with the kind of image this may send out to the rest of the real world - assuming that the rest of the real world even cares :lol:

Now if you'll excuse me, the morning sunlight is a bit too bright for me

*flees back into her crypt*

:lol:

Personally, the lighter color scheme seems more condusive to the "professional" image that it seems to me you are trying to project here. Darker schemes are generally associated with either "punks" or ameteurs trying to look cool. No offense intended towards anyone who feels differently.

-Balgoth the Nightkeeper

It doesn't bother me in truth. Usually, I'm against dark background, because it reduces the readability, and I don't like the bright backgrounds with black letters, because the high contrast is many a time fatiguing on monitors, but there are counterexamples to both, on some greatly hit sites. MWS is very well designed site, so I'm sure it will be great anyway, either you change the skin or not. :)

Since I'm totally self-serving, I voted NO. My monitor is on its last legs as it is. To view this forum, for instance, I either have to increase my brightness to blinding level or highlight the text and read it that way.

If you want the site to look more professional, then I'd check out some professional websites and see what they do. Check out the pros, not the fans. I've noticed a big move away from black background sites over the past few years.

You could always compromise and make the site skin a darker neutral shade without going to black. You could always use a parchment background which would visually tie in with the MW splash pages.

oh cmon. the blue is sweet. It gives it a sort of....Svongardian feel. Makes me feel that this is the one and only Mod site that keeps their mods "holy".

Forgot somethin. Ive seen some sites (all smaller) that have you change the skins yourself, in "my profile"