Modders disgruntled with TESNexus?

lonewolfkai

Why are there so many authors being disgruntled with the TES Nexus community!? I've seen a lot of mods being pulled the last few months because they are upset with the community. I'm just curious, but why is this happening?

-. Firstly its not just the tesnexus but the oblivion community in general. I see it everywhere.

-. Random arguments between people or sites.

-. Change of generations.

-. Oblivion is a wild community it has it flows of people going in and out. More are getting out as it's a game from 4 years ago, some just go mod other games and slightly decrease their time with ES games.

-. People being sick and tired of constantly having to defend their mods/opinions. (Most of the people calm down after an explanation/decent argument. But doing that 3 times a day gets tiresome.)

-. They have other matters in life to attend to. Be lucky they supported their mods for the time being, what I recently see is that when they leave the community they take their mods with them

the nexus offers the community of a care-taker account I believe but it's not used all of the time yet :(.

-. Lastly, not everyone leave forever but just go to a closed community or might return later when they have peace at mind or trust the community deserves their mods or simply because they have more time (of found a way to better manage that time.).

Change comes to soon for those that don't want it and too late for those who do want it. Just a pertinent saying for the matter at hand.

Really though authors leaving isn't anything new. It's the ebb and flow of the community. We need a new TES game to come out and revitalise the community.

If i left. I would just leave. My stuff would be left behind. as I'll probably have moved onto something else, and working on something new. No point taking old stuff down or with me, especially if I don't intend to support it.

99% of those mods could have been left behind and just the author could have moved on. Its weird. I can totally understand that a mod can be unsupported and the author has moved onto other things. I would say this is the case for almost all mods currently on nexus anyway.

at the end of the day modding is for their own self. personally there is no obligation to relz stuff. still I find some odd ego tripping to take down mods you had previously released because of being disgruntled. Unless there is some actual proper reason.... which I can fathom. < modding is imo its own reward.

having said that. I still respect modders who are like $%$$^ it I'm outa here! for whatever reason. though the point they are making is only for themselves. No one else cares. It's just about modding at the end of the day. well, it's the only reason why I'm here in the first place. Hopefully I never forget that.

If i left. I would just leave. My stuff would be left behind. as I'll probably have moved onto something else, and working on something new. No point taking old stuff down or with me, especially if I don't intend to support it.

99% of those mods could have been left behind and just the author could have moved on. Its weird. I can totally understand that a mod can be unsupported and the author has moved onto other things. I would say this is the case for almost all mods currently on nexus anyway.

at the end of the day modding is for their own self. personally there is no obligation to relz stuff. still I find some odd ego tripping to take down mods you had previously released because of being disgruntled. Unless there is some actual proper reason.... which I can fathom. < modding is imo its own reward.

having said that. I still respect modders who are like $%$$^ it I'm outa here! for whatever reason. though the point they are making is only for themselves. No one else cares. It's just about modding at the end of the day. well, it's the only reason why I'm here in the first place. Hopefully I never forget that.

See, that's the way I look at it too and what I would do as well. I'd even go as far as to edit the attributes/readme and state that "I'm no longer modding or supporting this mod" or something to that affect.

I'd even go as far as to edit the attributes/readme and state that "I'm no longer modding or supporting this mod" or something to that affect.

Not exactly necessary if the readme has a sufficient permissions section...which is why I created the Readme Generator utility and tried very hard to get as many people to start including readme files with their mods as much as possible. If somebody uploads a mod with a readme that states other modders may use what they made (and give credit for it), then there is no problem if the author is no longer around to support the mod...permission is given to others to continue enhancing it or using the contents for other mods.

LHammonds