From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was feeling like a mill stone had been lifted from my neck.

I decided to go to the walk-in to get confirmation I was healthy as a man my age can be again.

The same doctor was in.

He examined me and said, "You're still not done recovering yet!" :huh:

:geek: Now I know that Shingles can be shoved back, held back, and I've learned from the Internet that, with the addition of some food, I can keep Shingles from reoccurring.

I'm going to find some of the food that has the little bits of good stuff for keeping Shingles from reoccurring, because taking pills that do the same thing isn't as much fun as, "Having an Apple with for breakfast... Eating some dried grapes with the slice of Pizza... or...

Wow! There are so many ways to keep Shingles from happening!

It's really rotten to live with a bunch of Apples in the area who won't tell you where their dining hang out is. :laugh:

Who am I quoting when I write, "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away."

IMO I think the Apple Growers gave the doctor a months supply of Apples to pay their doctor bill and keep the doctor away all month.

IMO I think children gave the Teacher an apple to keep her from getting Shingles so she could sit down while they were taking the written tests without the burning and itching irritation when those rotten little blisters emerge.

Wow! Really refreshed, alert, awake, and ready to chop down a forest so I can see my car from the basement work/recreation/computer room window.

Somebody let the weeds, Bamboo trestles, Hop Plants and wild meadow grass grow freely outside the windows.

Just one finger pointing at the lands keeper?! :verymad: I should point all four of them and even my thumb at the dastardly person.

I won't tell you what gender they are for fear they might :unsure: cry, declare foul play, and have it all ending up forcing me to have to pay me :laugh: :wallbash: to do the yard work around here myself. :sad: :wink: Me? Doing all the work around here myself? :laugh: That's not funny! I have been there and done that, even when I was paying someone else Board and Room and they weren't doing their job when they were getting paid to.

>:( I'm getting the encroaching wild woods land destroyer out. :devil: (known to Tim Allen as a GREAT BIG HUMONGOUS CRAFTSMAN LAWNMOWER!)

Day Dreaming about camping out! A real nice day hike near Many Glaciers Lodge crossed my mind. One of many lodges still standing. Ptarmigan Tunnel is near it. Ptarmigan Tunnel is a man made tunnel I'm reminded of having seen it when I was 12 years old.

It's kind of mysterious what it was dug for.

I thought I would like to go there again this year and hike the 5 hour hike and climb to the tunnel and take pictures with a camera that is capable of good pictures. The scenery at either end, looking out over the park, "I remember my Mom said," is breath taking. Hiking up there without doing some calisthenics before going might take my breath away too.

Ptarmigan Tunnel

I have food, I have my own little house, I OWN IT, no debt, no problems with utilities, and it's just right for one male with no desire to bring a princess home to raise a family. Two people would not fit in this old shell built by a bunch of farmers whose real focus was the crops.

They were thinking they could build it right on top of an old barn and the farm hands could crowd in and live happily ever so, so..

They built the barn in the 1800's. An ice house too. Someone planted Bamboo for trestles to grow Hop plants to make medicine. A strong medicine of Tea.

I overheard a child ask, why did the people who built the Ptarmigan Tunnel name it after a bird.

My childlike thinking agrees with the child with the curious mind. Now I want to know why anyone would name a bird a Ptarmigan. I also wonder, "If I drink Hop Tea will I want to hop around all day looking for a pond with a Lily Pad?"

Is that why people who drink drinks made with Hops are always so Hoppy? :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Montana is getting so much rain, soon, I won't have a yard anymore, I'll have a rain forest. o_O

The sky is clear this morning. :D

Everything that grows fast, like plants people brought with them when they came back from visiting their ancestors in the old country because they thought it would be a lovely reminder so they would remember their great grand parents favorite flowers.

Now there are so many plants overpowering croplands brought home by the farmers children, to remind them of their gran's over in the old country.... around Montana farmlands in the United States they call them WEEDS.

I might be in luck though. I've got 35 square yards forest of Bamboo growing along the south side of the house... and Hop plants. The Bamboo trees grow 12 feet tall and will give the Hop plants a great Sun bath so the part of Hop we put in our recipes to make our favorite beverages will be really good.

If I can figure out how to brew the old country family recipe left to me by the family from the old country I might have something that doesn't remind me of what the members of the Troupe from Monty Python's Flying Circus thought, and said, about our U. S. A. beer, "It's like having sex in a canoe". Water is what most people worried about in the early days of the Old West struggles taming the new frontier. Especially for Drinking Water.

I get the impression from the Tea drinkers in the house that, because tea is made with boiled water it is safer to drink, and flavoring it with some plant leaf, don't get me started, :whistling: makes it better. :smile:

Today's weather changed about 30 minutes after I got back from the store with a salad prepared in the Deli Section. I trimmed some of the Hop plant off on the corner of my fence at the south east end before I left. I was going to do some more trimming along the fence from the east to the west, buttttt.... The sky clouded up, Lightning fired up the sky, thunder alerted me to the changes of weather, and rain occurred.

I get the impression that nature wants me to have a Rain Forest.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a famous company brand electric hedge trimmer to cut back a bunch of hop plants yesterday. I felt like a child feebly trying to lift the old fashion hedge trimmer in those days of my first experiences with yard tool. I had to do the work too. No children came around to offer to help. While I was cutting the vines I remembered why I felt weak and disgruntled like a child doing the yard work.

I was a child back then, almost too small and too young to do that kind of work. The hedge clippers had no motor. Well, they sort of did, I was the motor. I had to do the hedge and tree trimming, because my two older brothers were away, somewhere, trying to find someone to help them cut the apron strings which held them tied to Mom's apron still.

I realized, about half way through chopping one hop plant at the top, then down a foot lower, each foot until I cut half way down, that, if I wanted them to stop growing and covering the fence all I needed to do was simple.

I could cut them off at the ground level and their long vines would die. In a day or two with the 100 degrees F. cooking their vines, the vines will be dried out until they are brittle. I can save work time because they will break apart with ease. No more wasting my time. This year the hop plants won't grow their buds nor will their flowers bloom, just because of what I did that I learned.

I can go back and play Mass Effect: Andromeda during midday when it gets too hot to hang out outside. Enjoying my life like I did when I did not have to work because I was too small and too young. :laugh: